Royals fans are stuffing the All-Star ballot box early

Frobby

I voted 35 All-Royal ballots last night. Apart from the fact that it will make MLB look silly, I have actually often wondered whether a good, division-leading ballclub can compete with a team of All-Stars from the other league. If the Royals and the NL All-Stars played 100 games against each other, about how many would the Royals win? 10? 20? 30?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I voted 35 All-Royal ballots last night. Apart from the fact that it will make MLB look silly, I have actually often wondered whether a good, division-leading ballclub can compete with a team of All-Stars from the other league. If the Royals and the NL All-Stars played 100 games against each other, about how many would the Royals win? 10? 20? 30?

I'd guess the All Star team is something like a 120-win team. The Royals are probably a 85-90 win team on true talent. I don't have the time, but just run the log5 method to figure out a winning percentage. Eyeballing it I'd guess .400?

If MLB gave a flip about this they'd have made the voting system something other than the thing it is now, with little or no rules. They encourage voting early and often. It's not surprising that once in a while the thing goes from silly popularity contest to ridiculous farce. MLB simply doesn't care. If it wasn't for tradition, and baseball loving it's traditions, the All Star game probably wouldn't even be anymore.

I think it's more than just "Royals fans are voting incessantly for their team to make the all star game". I think someone or a group of people are purposefully and systematically messing with the voting in order to make something like this happen. I think MLB would care about that...I just don't think they can prove it's going on.

I think it's more than just "Royals fans are voting incessantly for their team to make the all star game". I think someone or a group of people are purposefully and systematically messing with the voting in order to make something like this happen. I think MLB would care about that...I just don't think they can prove it's going on.

I have seen a lot of people on the Internet (including this board) say that they've started voting an all-Royal ballot just to stick it to MLB and force them to change the system. I don't mind that idea but I just really hate the Royals and don't want to see them in the All-Star game.

I have seen a lot of people on the Internet (including this board) say that they've started voting an all-Royal ballot just to stick it to MLB and force them to change the system. I don't mind that idea but I just really hate the Royals and don't want to see them in the All-Star game.

Yeah I notice that now as well. But I don't think that was always the case with the voting so far. Perez has over 7 million votes...they have like 2-3 other players with nearly 7 million. I just think something fishy is going on. And yeah I cannot stand the Royals and how they carry themselves on the field.

I don't like them either, but as I see it it's better to have an all-Royals lineup (which discredits the process and highlights how undeserving they are) than a lineup with, say, 4-5 Royals (which just makes it seem like the Royals are an awesome, stacked team(.

This, and I think because after their shenanigans at the beginning of this season they'd be the least liked team to put in there. Obviously, as a result, I will not be watching this crap as I despise the Royals.

I'd guess the All Star team is something like a 120-win team. The Royals are probably a 85-90 win team on true talent. I don't have the time, but just run the log5 method to figure out a winning percentage. Eyeballing it I'd guess .400?

http://www.foxsports.com/fantasy/baseball/story/omar-infante-all-star-update-who-wins-with-royals-heavy-lineup-061715

WhatIfSports.com simulated the original All-Star Game matchup with Mike Trout, Altuve and the Royals against a more-balanced National League squad late last week with somewhat expected results.

I didn't vote this year. Did the ASG voting use captchas?

If not, it's fairly easy to get a cheap email server, continually create lots of disposable email addresses, then run a script to register with mlb.com and send vote packets to the ASG voting server.

And not very expensive, either.

Then whomever figured it out can just tell the secret to other friends and colleagues, have their systems constantly run that script, etc.

Archived