You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still need to get to 90 wins. Have to play +20 over the last two months and change. I'm not optimistic.

I think 90 is a good goal, but it's possible it won't take that many to win a wildcard spot. The A's and Royals got in last year with 88 and 89 wins, respectively. Right now the Astros are on pace for 89 and the Twins are on pace for 86. Just start winning series with some consistency and see where it takes you.

3.5 out feels a little better seeing that Twins observation. I'm sure many AL teams about .500 look at a 3-game deficit to the Twins and figure even if division hopes are thin, they can make up 3 on Minnesota.

It didn't feel that way this weekend, but it's possible by year's end it'll have been a boon to us the Yankees won those Saturday/Sunday games.

3.5 out feels a little better seeing that Twins observation. I'm sure many AL teams about .500 look at a 3-game deficit to the Twins and figure even if division hopes are thin, they can make up 3 on Minnesota.

It didn't feel that way this weekend, but it's possible by year's end it'll have been a boon to us the Yankees won those Saturday/Sunday games.

Tampa has no hitting. Detroit pitching does not look good. Blue Jays,Twins and maybe Texas if they get Hamels may be the main obstacles to the second wild card. Detroit might even be sellers without their best hitter. We shall see. Still think the West Coast road trip will be a big judge of who the Orioles are. They don't play well on the road .

Tampa has no hitting. Detroit pitching does not look good. Blue Jays,Twins and maybe Texas if they get Hamels may be the main obstacles to the second wild card. Detroit might even be sellers without their best hitter. We shall see. Still think the West Coast road trip will be a big judge of who the Orioles are. They don't play well on the road .

That's why we need to make a couple little moves to help us for that west coast trip. Get Parra,Byrd and Haren and lets hawk Minnesota down and see where it takes us.

That's why we need to make a couple little moves to help us for that west coast trip. Get Parra,Byrd and Haren and lets hawk Minnesota down and see where it takes us.

I don't see how Byrd is really an upgrade. He's a poor outfielder, and he's not hitting as well as Paredes. I think I'd rather play Snider, Lough, and Reimold and keep whatever Grade C prospect you'd have to flip to get Byrd.

I think it comes down to Minnesota, Toronto and the Orioles for the last spot. It is really up to the Orioles to play better. One thing about the Yankees series at the end is one good thing if they are way up they would be more worried about setting their pitching up then trying to beat us, not that I don't hope we can catch them.

I forget, the Orioles did pretty well on that west cost trip last year right?

Huge bases loaded clearing triple for Pirates' date=' now a rbi single. All with two outs. Pirates up 7-3, would be 2 games back of WC I believe if this holds up.[/quote']
Well that didn't last long.

Touche' 8-7 now PIT back in front.

Archived