You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the second wild card. I wish there was a rule that states the second wild card team needs to win at least 90 games to play in the wild card game. If they don't win 90 games, the first wild card team is automatically rewarded the playoff spot. It's a joke to see all these teams with win totals in the 80s beating superior teams in the playoffs just by getting hot at the right time.

I hate the second wild card. I wish there was a rule that states the second wild card team needs to win at least 90 games to play in the wild card game. If they don't win 90 games, the first wild card team is automatically rewarded the playoff spot. It's a joke to see all these teams with win totals in the 80s beating superior teams in the playoffs just by getting hot at the right time.

I must say. You are always calm.

The playoffs are arbitrary regardless. You're just splitting hairs.

I get what you are saying but ever since divisional play started in 1969 things haven't been fair. The Orioles had a down year in 1984 and went 85-77 in 5th place. They would have won the West. KC was 84-78. A big point of the second wild card was to make winning a division matter more and now it does.

Archived