You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

Maybe if they hang around .500 they can catch fire like they did in 2012. But this feels like the 2013 team, a team that could never really get on a roll...they'd look great one night, look like crap the next. Win two, lose three. Win three, lose two. That's the definition of a .500 team and that's what they look like right now.

Still a ton of more baseball to play, the rest of the division isn't that good and we've got some key players to come back. I don't think Tillman remains this bad this year and maybe Wieters can provide some offensive pop that we've been lacking. Not sure when Schoop is due back but we could really use him in the 2nd half, too.

Not ready to write this team off, not by a long shot but they are hard to watch at times.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't really mean a whole lot in early June when a lot of good teams are still struggling, bad ones are doing well, and a whole lot of unanswered questions need answering. If it's mid August and this holds true, then we'll talk. It also shouldn't take a fact such as this to teach people perspective.

Doesn't really mean a whole lot in early June when a lot of good teams are still struggling, bad ones are doing well, and a whole lot of unanswered questions need answering. If it's mid August and this holds true, then we'll talk. It also shouldn't take a fact such as this to teach people

Unfortunately, the trade deadline is July 31, so if they plan on getting somethingin return for all the FA's on this team, they don't have the liberty of waiting until mid August to see how things are going.

Everyone knew the first two months would be great, but that last three years and four months would be iffy. The risk you have to take if you want to win.

Over the years I have probably learned more about saber metrics and baseball history from you (mainly indirectly) than anyone else on OH. But of late you seem to mainly just dish out smart### curmudgeon remarks. It seems like you spend most of your time on OH trolling the posters who dare to mingle emotion with their oriole "analysis".

Over the years I have probably learned more about saber metrics and baseball history from you (mainly indirectly) than anyone else on OH. But of late you seem to mainly just dish out smart### curmudgeon remarks. It seems like you spend most of your time on OH trolling the posters who dare to mingle emotion with their oriole "analysis".

In fairness, if this is true, it's being done in response to the same posters saying the same things for the 1000th time.

AL East is now heating up all at the same time. Which doesn't help us since we now are sitting at the bottom. We win 3 out of last 4 and lose a game to the MFYs. MFYs have won 6 in a row and this is now becoming an early important series for us later this week (for us, not them- they can lose two out of three to us and it won't mean much.) Red Sox have heated up, Blue Jays run wild over the Astros (thanks a lot after beating us), Tampa Bay winning at Seattle. I think, unfortunately, that we have dug a hole. Hopefully, we can get past some teams and keep the MFYs from building up a major lead.

When I'm annoyed my default reflex is snark. I understand that doesn't always go over well. In retrospect I'm not proud of everything I write. But I will continue to ask people to provide substance behind their emotional demands. I get mad at the Orioles, too. I do try to count to 10 before I call Duquette and Angelos unprintable names.

I'm much less concerned with the GB (division or wildcard) or with the number of teams to climb over than with the way this team looks -- unable to score against some pitchers with pretty unimpressive records. If Wieters, Reimold and Schoop help out, and a few others come around, and if the starters keep it up and are joined by Tillman, this team should win the division.

Archived