You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 2 back from Minnesota for the 2nd WC. 5 back from HOU/LAA for the 1st WC and 7 back from the Yankees. Gaining ground. Minnesota has lost 3 straight and have a tough bunch of games ahead of them.

1 more vs Pitt at home

4 vs SEA

4 @ Toronto

3 @ Clev

3 vs TEX

3 vs Clev

3 @ NYY

4 @ Balt

3 @ TB

3 vs Hou

That's a tough August. I haven't looked at too many remaining schedules but that seems real tough.

I think 90 is a good goal, but it's possible it won't take that many to win a wildcard spot. The A's and Royals got in last year with 88 and 89 wins, respectively. Right now the Astros are on pace for 89 and the Twins are on pace for 86. Just start winning series with some consistency and see where it takes you.

And 93 wins wouldn't have been good enough in two of the last ten years. 90 is a fair target. One team will get hot.

We only play 20 games against teams that are over .500. 10 home, 10 road.

Minn- 23 games. 10 home, 13 away

Tor- 31 games. 17 Home, 14 away

TB- 22 games. 13 Home, 9 away

Our schedule sets up favorably down the stretch.

That's certainly encouraging.

Do we want them completely out though? They do play twins a bunch of times

I want to see the Tigers hang on to their talent since it's not coming here. Detroit broke up Archer's perfect game in the 7th, with 3 hits (and two bad plays by A. Cabrera at SS, one an error) and now lead 2-1, with Archer at 100 pitches.

Twins up on the Bucs, 3-1, after 3.

Pirates take 4-3 lead...1st and 3rd one out in top 6.

It's mlb game of day for those that want to follow.

And now:

@Buster_ESPN: Pirates beating the Twins 8-3, top of the 6th, after a couple of defensive mistakes by the Twins.

Archived