You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep it open. We're on a winning streak. I am strongly against closing it for that very reason.

The mods tend to have a pretty good sense about when those types of threads have run their course IMO. Anyway it's not like the next (inevitable) three-game losing streak won't spawn a dozen more right?

It's nuts. We're 1 behind Minnesota. I used to have very concrete ideas about what the Orioles should do. But that was before DD and Buck got here. Now... I have a hard time thinking up brilliant moves they SHOULD make. Because I have learned since they arrived that I don't actually know jack about the makeup of the roster - how the subtleties work together, talent and personality-wise. Etc.

In DD and Buck I trust. Although I agree that trades are not DD's strongest area. Even so, I look at the Miller trade, which I thought was disappointing when it happened. How wrong I was...! And happily so.

We are, but first things first. We want to get our foot in the door, then set our sights on the Yankees.

Yes. That's it exactly. (And) it's now 6 games out. 3 games per month doesn't seem like such a Herculean task to me. Let's see how long those 40-year olds and injuries-waiting-to-happen can sustain this pace.

If we take the first two from the Tigers, we will have played one game under .500 in July. Not good, but not heinous.

Considering the awful run from June 29 through the Yankees series, that would actually be quite impressive.

Let's keep the mojo of this thread going.

Wild Card Standings

LAA +2.0

Minn -

O's -1.0

Tor -1.0

The Angels are fading big time.

I hope LAA falls out. They are a flawed team...problem is trout and pujols alone can carry a team to WC

Archived