vs. RED SOX, 6/09

OFFNY

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
left in the idle of the 4th to walk the dogs... what did I miss? Is this the first real threat?

Gonzo left with a groin pull. Great relief by TJ and Roe. Two controversial replay calls at first, one went against us, one for us. We had one other scoring opportunity but Rodriguez struck out Adam to end it and pounded his glove. And its Gary Thorn's birthday and Bordy gave him a cupcake. Yogi Berra was at Normandy and Scott forgot to wear orange for the first few innings.

Gonzo left with a groin pull. Great relief by TJ and Roe. Two controversial replay calls at first, one went against us, one for us. We had one other scoring opportunity but Rodriguez struck out Adam to end it and pounded his glove. And its Gary Thorn's birthday and Bordy gave him a cupcake. Yogi Berra was at Normandy and Scott forgot to wear orange for the first few innings.

"Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I had the Braves over the Orioles in 6 games.   The Orioles even with all injuries have held it together enough to make playoffs it doesn’t look like the Braves will.  
    • Absolutely. One thing we know Holliday can do is run fast. I didn't see where the 3Bman was playing, but probably off the bag with Mullins up so Holliday could get a decent lead for a squeeze play.
    • With the season coming to an end I be interested in hearing who you guys had in the world series before the season started and who do you have now? Myself it pains me to say I had the Yankees and Dodgers before the season started and obviously I've seen nothing to change that. I also had the Orioles at 88 wins and a WC and that's also looking pretty good. I also be interested in hearing where you guys had the Orioles at as well. 
    • Interesting but before the season started I picked the Orioles to win 88 games and be a WC and this is looking right on the nose. I also had the Yankees and Dodgers in the WS and right now they probably are the favorites. The Yankees have really started to come on now and playing really good baseball. It sucks to write that but true
    • I get it but it still sucks if that is the case. I love Rod and was glad they bought him back for another year but maybe if he feels that strongly he should be working for the Steelers. And of course it has to be the Ravens biggest rival on top of it. Lol
    • Cedric is 6th in fly ball rate among all MLB hitters with 400+ PAs. He’s not quite Anthony in that respect (no one is), but hitting a medium depth fly ball is a task that’s right down his alley.  Just not a disciplined professional at bat.  You could tell right away, from the swing he took at the ball below the strike zone, that he was trying to force it.  Both of them were.
    • I realize it’s not a Ravens board, but it’s hard not to notice the similarities between the teams DNA.   Watching both teams finding ways to lose games within their grasp is exasperating.  Maybe things will change at some point.  All we can do is hope I guess 
  • Popular Contributors