Schmuck: Frank Robinson A Fan Of Current Team

weams

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck-blog/bal-frank-robinson-thinks-orioles-are-headed-in-the-right-direction-20150613-story.html?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"It looks like they're starting to right themselves," said Robinson. "They've got some injured players who have come back. They are settling in. I think they're headed in the right direction. Adam Jones is having a terrific year. The third baseman looks like he's going to have the type of year he's capable of having. They've got to get Hardy going the way he?s capable of going, but they're a good-looking team."

He's not surprised, since he picked his favorite former team to win the division before the season.

"I thought at the beginning of the year that they would be the best team in the East and they still could be," he said. "There's still a lot of baseball to be played."

Robinson was asked if he saw a little of himself in Jones, who has emerged as the Orioles de facto captain.

"He doesn't remind me of me, but he's doing the things that he should do. Not only performing on the field, but also off the field and in the dugout during the course of the game, showing the way with his teammates and pointing out mistakes so they can correct them. The manager doesn't have to do it.

"The one thing about it is, he has the respect of his teammates. That?s what you have to have to be a leader. You can't just say "I'm the leader." You have to go out on the field and when you got 0 for 4, you have to play exactly the same way you'd play if you were 4 for 4, and show the way and not have a letdown and they'll respect you for that.

There is no-one better to talk about team leadership then FRob imo. Everytime Adam swings at a low and outside slider, I console myself with the fact that he is a tremendous example of how the game should be played.

Archived