Upset thread

Sports Guy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't imagine them being preseason top 5. Henderson is terrific, but losing Nelson is big.
Nelson is a solid player but never as good as he should have been. I think Nolan Smith and the incoming Willams can replace him just fine.
Paulus has gotten better than I ever thought he would be, but I think he's at his peak.
If hios peak is a solid 3 point shooter and the ACC leader in A/TO ratio, i am fine with that.
Same as Scheyer
Scheyer is a good 13-17 ppg scorer.
I don't think Singler will make many strides, Josh McRoberts v2 to me.
Not even remotely close..Singler is already a much better player than McRoberts ever was.
I don't know much about their recruiting class, but I think they'll need way more than one top-25 guy to turn this team, minus Nelson, into a top-5 team

You are overrating the loss of Nelson.

Fact: since 2001 Duke has not beat a seed higher then a #5, thats a sign of a overrated program.

Its time for K and his lead recruiter V to retire.

This is an incredibly dumb post...The idea that they haven't been a higher seed than a #5 is meaningless because of upsets, seeding and things like that.

They have been bad in the tourney the last few years...Before that, they went to the sweet 16 or further for like 8 or 9 straight wins.

You are overrating the loss of Nelson.

Nelson was great this year. An All-ACC season. Henderson I think can step up and do what Nelson did this season, but I don't think you have anybody who can step up and do what Henderson did this season.

Fact: since 2001 Duke has not beat a seed higher then a #5, thats a sign of a overrated program.

Its time for K and his lead recruiter V to retire.

He is loaded with all americans. The problem is, he picks the soft, underachieving ones. I'm not sure how you can have your pick of the MAAs, and end up with no rebounders. Singler plays smaller than Tahj Holden did. Coach K built an entire team that can score one way: 3 pointers. When they don't fall, they don't win. I think he watched too many Phx Suns' games and got a little excited to install that offense. The only problem is, he forgot he doesn't have Amare, Diaw, or Marion.

since 2001 they have been a pretty high seed, with the exception of last year ( I think) so of course they have played lower seeds, but when it comes down to it, teams seeded higher they cant beat. Last time they went to sweet 16? You have to beat a good team to go to sweet 16. usually.

What was VCU seeded last year?

since 2001 they have been a pretty high seed, with the exception of last year ( I think) so of course they have played lower seeds, but when it comes down to it, teams seeded higher they cant beat. Last time they went to sweet 16? You have to beat a good team to go to sweet 16. usually.

What was VCU seeded last year?

VCU was an 11 last year..

That Nelson was an All-ACC performer?

That Henderson can be one next year?

Or that someone can step up and play as well as Henderson did late in the season?

Just the idea that Nelson can't be replaced.

You are also very wrong on Singler.

I expect Duke to be better next year than they were this year in large part because they will have a little more size, more depth and more importantly, they will just be a much more experienced team.

BTW, Henderson only scored like 12 ppg this year and ever since his wrist injury, he hasn't been nearly as good as he was earlier in the season, although he obviously performed well in the tourney.

K talking about Singler after the ACC tourney:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/1002106.html

That could have been said about basically the entire team and it carried over this weekend.

Maybe he should have let King player a little more during the season to get him the rest, instead of riding him into the ground. Coach K seems to only use like 7 players all season long, every year...and then his team's are exhausted when it actually matters.

Archived