Upset thread

Sports Guy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe he should have let King player a little more during the season to get him the rest, instead of riding him into the ground. Coach K seems to only use like 7 players all season long, every year...and then his team's are exhausted when it actually matters.

K played a lot of guys this year. Only Nelson averaged more than 30 minutes a game this year and he was barely over 30.

King was just terrible ever since ACC play started...I would be surprised if he shot 20% from 3...He just lost his confidence.

My only complaint is that I felt Smith should have played more.

Other than that, i was happy about the bench use this year...Normally, i disagree with K about that but this year that hasn't been the case.

It really comes down to one thing...the lack of a big guy. McRoberts left early and Zoubek, while he can do some things ok, isn't there yet(and may never be).

They lost out on Monroe for next year but they bring in a 6'7" guy who is a top 80-110 guy, so at least that gives them a little more size.

With Pocious coming back next year, Duke will be able to go 12 deep but again, they will lack that inside presence unless this guy Czyz can be a sleeper for them down low.

BTW, i hope Zoubek goes to Pete Newell's camp or somewhere like that...He needs to learn how to play down low. He was a highly rated guy, so he has some talent but he is very tentative and is a turnover machine when he gets the ball.

Man, could UCLA's road to the Final Four be any easier at this point? If they beat TAMU, they are guaranteed to play a very low seed in the Sweet 16, and the two seed in their region is already gone.

Yea....Imagine if Xavier goes down to Purdue? They could get the final 4 without beating a seed higher than 6.

You're bringing in a guy named "Czyz"

For real?!

Yea..He is polish...Rivals has him ranked 102...I have seen him a little higher than that but he is right around there.

I am hoping he ends up being one of these kids you don't hear much about but ends up being very solid....MD has done a very good job with kids like that, especially bigs down low(like Baxter for example).

He is 6'7", 235lbs and said to have a good motor, so we will see.

But the kid Elliot Williams, a 6'4" guard who rivals has ranked 16th, is the guy that will have to come in and replace some of Nelson's departing production.

Its pretty simple, Duke has one NBA player on their team right now in Henderson (who isn't even a top 10 talent). Year after year, NBA talent always wins the tourney. UCLA has Collison, Love, and Westbrook as top 15 picks. KU has Arthur and Rush as top 20 picks. K hasn't had a winner since that 2001 team because of the lack of nba talent. He did an amazing job with that Reddick/Williams team considering both are total busts in the nba.

Duke's had enough talent to go further, they just play a style of ball where it is incredibly difficult to overcome a day when the team struggles from the outside. In recent years WVU had the same kind of issues albeit with a lot less talent. There is no question in my mind that Duke will be fine and back to making it far in the tourney relatively soon.

Meanwhile I couldn't be happier for where the WVU program is. Sweet Sixteen for the 3rd time in four years and an NIT Championship after getting screwed and left out of the NCAA tourney last year.

Duke's had enough talent to go further, they just play a style of ball where it is incredibly difficult to overcome a day when the team struggles from the outside. In recent years WVU had the same kind of issues albeit with a lot less talent. There is no question in my mind that Duke will be fine and back to making it far in the tourney relatively soon.

Meanwhile I couldn't be happier for where the WVU program is. Sweet Sixteen for the 3rd time in four years and an NIT Championship after getting screwed and left out of the NCAA tourney last year.

I agree with all of this and congrats on the win.

I think you have a good chance at getting to the elite 8.

I don't know...the refs are trying their damnedest to get them back in this. WVU has been outplaying them the whole game and is finally starting to his their threes...so now the refs have to start calling even more ticky tack fouls. The officiating in this game has been so completely one sided.

Nah, the refs called bad calls on both sides. Though they didn't seem to generally fall for Duke's usual tricks, despite Paulas and Schuyer flopping like bass in boats on cocaine.

Archived