Duquette: "We're still in the competition for this year."

Frobby

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I said, I had to take a call and did not get a chance to transcribe that bpart. If someone else has access or can speak on it...it sounded to me like Dan had moved on from Bundy in a significant manner. My opinion.

I wouldn't say that. Just said he was still hurting. I think you are reading too much into it. Nobody knows if he will ever help.

I wouldn't say that. Just said he was still hurting. I think you are reading too much into it. Nobody knows if he will ever help.

I got the impression that Dylan might not be an Oriole. Maybe I was reading too much into it.

It wasn't. It was real good with lots of content. I had to take a phone call and was not able to get all of it down. Said that the had talked on Victorino and Kazmir. Talked about Manny's artistry in the center of the diamond. Talked about disappointment with some of the pieces that the had hoped to fill Nick and Nelson's shoes. A lot of good stuff. The Bundy segment itself was VERY revealing.

What did he say about Bundy and more importantly, what did he say about Gausman? I'm hoping he said something to refute the Gausman trade rumors especially for a rental like Justin Upton.

I got the impression that Dylan might not be an Oriole. Maybe I was reading too much into it.

I didn't take that out of it, who knows. I mean to me why let him go? Just put him on the DL if you have to. He could always go on 60 day DL.

What did he say about Bundy and more importantly, what did he say about Gausman? I'm hoping he said something to refute the Gausman trade rumors especially for a rental like Justin Upton.

He never mentioned Gausman and trades. Did talk about his performance last night. Was asked about Hardy extension and he has seen flashes of more power and then mentioned Wieters. Sounds like to me he is hoping for more out of those 2 the rest of the way.

He said nothing about Gausman.

He opened by citing run differential as why club should buy despite mediocre record to date, then layered some regression justification on top of that by talking about the roster's proven hitting track records that are being underperformed.

Asked if he had to pick between a hitter or a pitcher if limited to one, he said pitching was most important.

Biggio in Cooperstown this weekend surprised him by knowing about Mancini and giving an endorsement. His son and Trey were teammates at ND for a couple years, Biggio saw him a lot and says he has enough slug for 1B in the majors.

Archived