WHAT are the O's trade rumors.

fastball

If they do go out and get a legitimate SP, who in the rotation is removed?? Gonzalez to the pen? More Gausman pinball?

A legitimate SP is going to cost too much and corner OF is a bigger area of need IMO. If we are going to pay for somebody (player wise) we need it to be for a corner OF.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how standing pat is an option. The Orioles are getting sub-replacement level production at 1B and LF. You don't have to trade for Justin Upton, Jay Bruce or Yoennis Cespedes to get a meaningful upgrade at these productions. Rajai Davis would be a meaningful upgrade, for instance.

A legitimate SP is going to cost too much and corner OF is a bigger area of need IMO. If we are going to pay for somebody (player wise) we need it to be for a corner OF.

Exactly. When DD says he will be looking for pitching help he is probably talking about the pen. Maybe a lefty.

The quote from Dan Duquette,will be active on the trade front. It would be great to acquire a

outfielder that the club needs but we all know how that goes. The time to do this was

during the winter meetings, but we missed that boat. This was the year for the O's, but

they missed it.

The quote from Dan Duquette,will be active on the trade front. It would be great to acquire a

outfielder that the club needs but we all know how that goes. The time to do this was

during the winter meetings, but we missed that boat. This was the year for the O's, but

they missed it.

Considering there are many teams looking for much of the same talent.

Hard for us to judge, if he has been active or inactive.

I don't see how standing pat is an option. The Orioles are getting sub-replacement level production at 1B and LF. You don't have to trade for Justin Upton, Jay Bruce or Yoennis Cespedes to get a meaningful upgrade at these productions. Rajai Davis would be a meaningful upgrade, for instance.

It's not a big trade by any means but I absolutely think that Davis could be had for cheap and would help.

They don't post inside stuff on the board. Because we don't do that stuff here. That does not mean that they don't share. Also the three leaky sieves in the warehouse are all gone.

Seven years ago, the insiders rode the same limo out of town that Teixeira was supposed to use to ride with Angelos to Ravens Stadium.

WHAT is your name?

WHAT is your quest?

WHAT is your favorite color!??!?!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pWS8Mg-JWSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A name I haven't heard thrown around much that I think could help us is none other than Ben Revere. Before everyone goes overboard, consider that he could address our need at the leadoff position, give the club some speed on the basepaths, and add to athleticism in the outfield. Average to above average defender, would certainly feel better about him at a corner than Snider.

He always hits around .300, steals 30-40 bags (though we don't run much), and best of all I think he could be had for relatively cheap.

I'd be in favor of Revere if he comes cheaply. He'd be around for 2016 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we'll get a big name bat but I could see us looking into Gerardo Parra and Ben Revere. Both guys would have value to us on the corners and shouldn't cost nearly as much as Upton or Gonzalez. I'm curious as to what Cespedes's market is like. He's a FA after the year and having a solid year with the bat, obviously has a cannon for an arm in the field.

Acquiring Revere could make Lough expendable too.

So Price to the Tigers for Daniel Norris. Not as ridiculous as what was originally being floated. Unless there are more.

*EDIT: Looks like there are more. Not announced, yet.

"JAIRO LABOURT: THE BEST BLUE JAYS LHP after DANIEL NORRIS"

Archived