Orioles trade Davies for Parra. Your verdict?

PaulFolk

Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?

• I approve. A small price to pay to fix the O's OF hole with a quality veteran.
    • I disapprove. The O's gave up up a pitching prospect for a rental who won't move the needle.

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok I don't remember that but I believe you guys. Anyhow he did bring some good talent to the team that went on to win the wild card in 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy already brought some good talent to Philadelphia. They had assets to sell as well. With a horrible losing team to boot. I like Andy as a GM or President for a rebuilding team.

Lol you're reaching man. You know a well as I do McPhail had a good hand in putting this team in the right direction.

rift to do so.

I am not reaching at all. It would have been hard to screw up the sell off. It would have taken Syd Thrift to do so. I also like Andy a lot. And Know that he is a local MacPhail.

Andy already brought some good talent to Philadelphia. They had assets to sell as well. With a horrible losing team to boot. I like Andy as a GM or President for a rebuilding team.

That's fair. I couldn't do half as good as these guys that have the job I'm just not a big fan of DD. that's all.

I am not reaching at all. It would have been hard to screw up the sell off. It would have taken Syd Thrift to do so. I also like Andy a lot. And Know that he is a local MacPhail.

I've tried to forget about the Syd Thrift years. Please don't take my mind back to that.

That's fair. I couldn't do half as good as these guys that have the job I'm just not a big fan of DD. that's all.

Sorry to hear that. Find the facts to support that as you need to. I'm happy that we have watched a winning team for a few years. Dan is not lovely - but he is one of the smarter men in any room we could assemble of folks we could meet.

Sorry to hear that. Find the facts to support that as you need to. I'm happy that we have watched a winning team for a few years. Dan is not lovely - but he is one of the smarter men in any room we could assemble of folks we could meet.

I'm happy to have watched a winning team the past few years myself. I'm 31 so I wasn't even a teenager when the team was any good in the past. I'm loving the winning and the reason I'm iffy on DD is because of how he's handled the system so far.

And I haven't said anything about him being smart or one of the smartest men. This team has been bad for years and got high draft picks for a good bit of years so Dan among others have all missed on the draft.

I question if DD is good for the O's. And I do believe his mind left when the Tor job was up for grabs. I don't blame him but as an O's fan I want someone all in on the O's. Am I wrong? Am I wrong to question the player development and farm system? Or am I supposed to throw on orange glasses and think this team is stacked and gonna be a contender every year?

I am also happy to watch a winning team. It gives my wife and I something in common to talk about. And we love following the Orioles from Spring Training through the off season

Sorry, my point is this: Is the winning more to do with Dan or Buck?

I think it is Buck.

But I do think the people on this site have no knowledge of the inner workings of the team or front office. As a result we can not really have a firm opinion either way.

:noidea:

Edited by MdSooner

I like Gerardo Parra a lot. He is a complete player. Very good defensively with a rocket for an arm. Useful offensive player with speed and some pop in the bat. He is exactly the kind of guy that I would like to have for the next several years holding down a corner outfield position. But we needed a good bit more than just Parra for this year, and this year is all we have him for. So, I am pretty Meh on this trade. If we sign Parra to a deal this offseason I will give the trade a thumbs up. If we do not, I will give it a thumbs down.

I like Gerardo Parra a lot. He is a complete player. Very good defensively with a rocket for an arm. Useful offensive player with speed and some pop in the bat. He is exactly the kind of guy that I would like to have for the next several years holding down a corner outfield position. But we needed a good bit more than just Parra for this year, and this year is all we have him for. So, I am pretty Meh on this trade. If we sign Parra to a deal this offseason I will give the trade a thumbs up. If we do not, I will give it a thumbs down.

What do you think it will tKe to sign him? $21/3? I honestly have no idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you think it will tKe to sign him? $21/3? I honestly have no idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we can get him for that I would be thrilled. Heck, I would be happy with 3/24. But I think it will take a 4 year deal to sign him. 4/32? I think he would be worth that too.

Resigning him has little to do with the trade. There's no expectation of resigning him, and even if they did it would be at a value quite similar to what he'd get on the market in a few months. The only benefit I see is that they avoid a situation where the Brewers could have given him a QO and costing the O's a pick. So you could argue that they traded Davies for a) two months of Parra, b) the value of a compensatory draft pick ($7M?) and c) a few months of exclusive negotiation. But that's only if he's resigned - if he's not its just two months of Parra.