Orioles trade Davies for Parra. Your verdict?

PaulFolk

Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?

• I approve. A small price to pay to fix the O's OF hole with a quality veteran.
    • I disapprove. The O's gave up up a pitching prospect for a rental who won't move the needle.

This poll is closed to new votes

All I know is that since coming to the Orioles, Parra has morphed from solid a .328/.369 /.886 baseball player to a .214/.283/.616 wimp.

Coming into today, Cespedes has OPS'd four points less in an almost identical number of ABs since joining the Mets: .612. I can tell you out here in Queens that no Mets fan is calling him a wimp.

Just like Cespedes helps the rest of the lineup and stabilizes the OF, I'm very glad to have Davis back at first, Parmalee/Snider gone, and a dependable defender with a great arm in RF. Let's give him more than 11 games to see if he can get hot again with the bat.

Edited by LA2

Coming into today, Cespedes has OPS'd four points less in an almost identical number of ABs since joining the Mets: .612. I can tell you out here in Queens that no Mets fan is calling him a wimp.

Just like Cespedes helps the rest of the lineup and stabilizes the OF, I'm very glad to have Davis back at first, Parmalee/Snider gone, and a dependable defender with a great arm in RF. Let's give him more than 11 games to see if he can get hot again with the bat.

While I would agreee with you in principle, not to many Mets fans are sweating what they gave up for Cespedes as their farm system is far better.

I would argue that most of the angst about Parra revolves around the fact we gave up one of the few good pieces we have for him. If we had 8-10 other guys of similar talent to Davies like the Mets have.....we might be complaining that he has not lived up to expectations but the vitrole would be far less.

While I would agreee with you in principle, not to many Mets fans are sweating what they gave up for Cespedes as their farm system is far better.

I would argue that most of the angst about Parra revolves around the fact we gave up one of the few good pieces we have for him. If we had 8-10 other guys of similar talent to Davies like the Mets have.....we might be complaining that he has not lived up to expectations but the vitrole would be far less.

Good synopsis, spot on sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and of course the Mets are actually going to the playoffs

Parra could have OPS'ed .900 and the O's would still have missed the playoffs

giving up a prospect for a player that wasn't going to influence the standings was why I was opposed to the trade. It's 2013 and Scott Feldman all over again. All we gave up then was a future Cy Young Award winner

and of course the Mets are actually going to the playoffs

Parra could have OPS'ed .900 and the O's would still have missed the playoffs

giving up a prospect for a player that wasn't going to influence the standings was why I was opposed to the trade. It's 2013 and Scott Feldman all over again. All we gave up then was a future Cy Young Award winner

Who wasn't going to be that guy if he had stayed.

So, i was looking at Parra's stats and I guess it kind of shocked me that he is batting .216 with a .286 OBP. But after his last run scored tonight ahead of the Davis HR, Parra is

scoring a run in 85% of his games played. Manny is our leader in runs scored, but he is only scoring runs at 64% of his games played. Granted, Parra's numbers are on a small sample size. But even with his .216/.286, he has made a difference. It just

seems like Parra gets on base at the right times.... or that our hitters take advantage of his times when he does reach base. Am I nuts? I love the addition of Parra.

• Upvote 1

So, i was looking at Parra's stats and I guess it kind of shocked me that he is batting .216 with a .286 OBP. But after his last run scored tonight ahead of the Davis HR, Parra is

scoring a run in 85% of his games played. Manny is our leader in runs scored, but he is only scoring runs at 64% of his games played. Granted, Parra's numbers are on a small sample size. But even with his .216/.286, he has made a difference. It just

seems like Parra gets on base at the right times.... or that our hitters take advantage of his times when he does reach base.

Am I nuts? I love the addition of Parra.

Good timing, fishbowlguy.

He just hit a solo home run to tie the game !!!

Green reps for you. :)

Patrick

o

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

GERARDO ENRIQUE PARRA

• Upvote 1