People getting a little too emotional about Schoop's game

winkies

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm much more mad at Dickerson for sending Hardy. The tying run would have been coming to the plate, Hardy is extremely slow, and it looks like he is limping a little to me. Don't send him!

Bill James has made the point that with two outs, it makes sense to send the runner if you have about a one in three chance to make it. Hardy sure did look slow there.

Bill James has made the point that with two outs, it makes sense to send the runner if you have about a one in three chance to make it. Hardy sure did look slow there.

With an average runner, I would agree. It seems like Hardy has been thrown out multiple times this year at the plate.

I'm more mad at Dickerson for sending Hardy. The tying run would have been coming to the plate, Hardy is extremely slow, and it looks like he is limping a little to me. Don't send him!

I agree about the limping. I see that, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more mad at Dickerson for sending Hardy. The tying run would have been coming to the plate, Hardy is extremely slow, and it looks like he is limping a little to me. Don't send him!

Man, I have got to agree. It was the most baffling send that I've seen in years. He wasn't close and you knew that the moment Hardy rounded 3B.

I told a friend a week ago that every step he takes looks like he is coming up with a pulled hamstring.

With an average runner, I would agree. It seems like Hardy has been thrown out multiple times this year at the plate.

I didn't see the play in question, but if you're never getting thrown out you're leaving runs on the table. The max efficiency point is not 0% outs on the bases; that would mean you're so conservative that you're probably costing more runs being careful than you would be by getting thrown out.

I didn't see the play in question, but if you're never getting thrown out you're leaving runs on the table. The max efficiency point is not 0% outs on the bases; that would mean you're so conservative that you're probably costing more runs being careful than you would be by getting thrown out.

I had a good view of the fielder and the runner. I thought Hardy was dead unless there was a bad throw. Ball was not hit very deep, fielder coming in and lined up with the plate. On the other hand, Hardy was fully extended and making pretty good speed (for Hardy). All in all, though, my thought as the play developed was that Hardy was dead meat unless there was a bad throw/missed catch or tag. But, what do I know? Bad throws happen, after all.

He went 0-4. Ok what do you expect? Schoop isn't a .300 hitter, regression is expected.

He made a poor throw and dropped a ball. It happens.

Remember Jim Johnson blew the entire 2012 season? When Schoop does something like that I can understand it a little.

Who are these "people"? Maybe I missed it around here, but who was tearing up Schoop? Schoop had a rotten night last night and it probably help contribute to a loss, but I think pretty much every real fan that follows the game closely knows that happens on occasion.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More notes and quotes on the Orioles' defense - School of Roch: The Orioles entered last night with the lowes... <a href="http://t.co/DxZ179Yz48">http://t.co/DxZ179Yz48</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">August 19, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

On his error in the ninth, the ball simply popped out of his glove as he took Manny Machado's throw on the expected 5-4-3 double play. It appeared to handcuff him. The Mets eventually loaded the bases with no outs and scored twice on a sacrifice fly and Brad Brach's wild pitch.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/08/more-notes-and-quotes-on-the-orioles-defense.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Schoop: "I?ve got to play better. Some easy mistakes that I do today that I?ve got to be better for my teammates and better for myself."</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">August 19, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived