Nestor banned from Camden Yards?

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not banned, he's not being issued a media pass. Bit of a difference.

And honestly, I can see both sides of the coin. When you organize a walkout protest, you kind of lose your reputation as fair a minded journalist.

It's interesting to see that only two people were denied creds. Last I saw it was a general WNST blockout.

And honestly, I can see both sides of the coin. When you organize a walkout protest, you kind of lose your reputation as fair a minded journalist.

It's interesting to see that only two people were denied creds. Last I saw it was a general WNST blockout.

I was just quoting the title of the article, but you're right, I suppose it's not an altogether "ban".

I was just quoting the title of the article, but you're right, I suppose it's not an altogether "ban".

Well, I guess that's part of the problem right there. Because it's Nestor, he's gonna exaggerate it to the breaking point. I know Maese wrote the article (blog post is more apt though, obviously) but it's fairly obvious that he's siding with Nestor, probably because he feels slightly threatened by this action. Though, anyone could tell him that he can write pretty much what he wants, he just can't make it personal.

I think its funny

Nestor loves Bob Ehrlich. Interviewed him a bunch of times. Ehrlich did the same thing to two sun reporters during his term

Now it happens to Nestor and all hell breaks loose.

HAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

those two "never went to the games anyway." So what does it matter?

I think its funny

Nestor loves Bob Ehrlich. interviewed hima bunch of times. Ehrlich did the saem thing to two sun reporters during his term

Now it happens to Nestor and all hell breaks loose.

HAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

those two "never went to the games anyway." So what does it matter?

I dunno if all hell is breaking loose, but he's definitely tapping Maese's visibility to get his "story" out.

Hey Nestor, go watch the game at Squiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiires, buddy!!!!!!!!

This sounds pretty dumb on the Orioles part, not that it's any great surprise. I guess that people who "have no idea what it costs to run a baseball team" aren't allowed in the press box. But now that the Orioles have done their part to be stupid, than Nestor and WNST have all the reasons in the world to remind the public and the national media about the protest last year and what it was all about. If the Orioles were smart enough to ignore Nestor (treat him like the "paying customers") than there wouldn't be people spending Opening Day thinking about the protest. Now there will be many. The incompetence within the warehouse runs very deep. They have given a fairly major local media outlet a reason to cheapen what is the only celebration of baseball in Baltimore to happen all year. Good job Orioles, you sure showed them!:rolleyes:

My e-mail to Nestor...

in response to this STILL up at WNST.com after Maese's article:

wnst.net - click on "breaking news"

Hey Nestor...

How about removing that story about the entire WNST station being denied press credentials. It was only you and Drew Forrester. Stop exaggerating. You gave up your journalistic integrity with the walkout last year.

Lesson # 1 about journalism... be objective, don't make the story personal. Instead, it's exaggeration after exaggeration.

Nestor lost being a journalist the day he organized a walkout at Camden Yards. He used his radio station and the stations website to organize the walkout. If he wants to go to the game, tell him to buy a ticket, I hear that single seat tickets are still available.

Now Nestor has to reap what he sowed...

A nice little blog entry from Rick Maese.

A part of me still thinks this is just a communications mix-up because I don't want to think the Orioles are really trying to punish critics and curb critical analysis. They wouldn’t do that, right?

Of course PA wouldn't. He doesn't silence critics or hold a grudge. Just ask Davey, Jon, numerous sports hosts on WBAL, Sun reporters, etc........

The issue isn't about Nestor. He is just one little blow hard. Ironically, if PA would just ignore him, he would go away- or at least be harmless. PA continues to legitimize Nestors cause.

It is about PA's repeated attempts to silence anyone who dare speak out against his team.

It isn't just Nestor and Forrestor- he doesn't want to hear any of your criticism or mine either. The new Orioles flagship had to promise NO live callers (fans) on any pre or post game shows.

Archived