Nestor banned from Camden Yards?

Hank Scorpio

The point is though. They weren't denied ANYTHING. They all got creds. Casey will be at the ballpark tonight, unless Nestor has told him to stay away to keep this charade alive.

Casey gave reports from Fanfest, you can read it in his blog on the site. he was there and he interviewed players in the locker room = press credentials.

We have eye witnesses to the fact that the envelope that contained the WNST press creds was waiting for them, at the ballpark as early as 11AM. The same time all other members of the media got them.

No one was denied anything. It is NO coincidence to me that Nestor did this on opening day and the same day that he relaunched the WNST site.

He is such an egomaniac its not even funny.

TA- we know because we read the thread. Deductive reasoning FTW!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a very good reason for that that I cant get into.I will leave it at that.I have been "warned" so to speak.

What?!?! I told you - check that - I encouraged you to share your opinion here. However, you're not going to blatantly ignore well-presented facts and replace them with rumors and things you've heard second and third-hand, then get growingly hostile when people call you on it. Don't use our encounter as an excuse like you're not allowed to speak. That's absurd.

Now how did you know that? Sounds like you guys are buddies,I get the picture now.

BTW here is a take from someone who had a falling out with Nestor,he provides a great perspective on the situation.

http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2007/04/wnst-gets-stiff-arm-from-angelos.html

He told you to knock it off earlier in this thread. You do realize that even when the thread goes to another page, you can still go back to previous pages? Don't you?:rolleyes:

What?!?! I told you - check that - I encouraged you to share your opinion here. However, you're not going to blatantly ignore well-presented facts and replace them with rumors and things you've heard second and third-hand, then get growingly hostile when people call you on it. Don't use our encounter as an excuse like you're not allowed to speak. That's absurd.

Thats the way I took it,I enjoy reading and posting here but dont feel like getting banned for something like this.If you want first hand information,go read Nestor's blog entry,like I did and what i was going off of.I was also going off of what Drew said HIMSELF on another board.You act like I am just "making things up" as I go along.

But see then you will say "Its all lies,Nestor has no credibility" So what am I left to argue with? Not much,because according to you all the stuff he says means nothing.The truth lies somewhere in the middle Im sure,but I havent said one thing in this thread that I didnt see in print elsewhere or hear straight from Nestors mouth.

You were implying that I was stating facts that were not true or were "speculation" when I was just stating what I had heard and read about the situation not from "2nd or 3rd hand information" but from BOTH(Drew and Nestors) mouth themselves.

I emailed Nestor about your points in the PM,and if he responds I will tell you what he said,directly from his mouth.If I was wrong about anything I have no problem saying so.

Oh come on! Give me a break here. If you owned a business, and someone came into your business, walked around for a little while, and then convinced a number of people in the store to follow you out and buy nothing while verbally insulting the very store and YOU as the owner, you would ban them from coming back and you damn well know it! I don't agree with everything Angelos does, but Nestor and drew have completely, 100% lost my respect and I no longer listen to the morning show. I do still listen to Haynie and Rob Long because Haynie covers the team without burying them like drew and Nestor do. Hey Nasty...if you want your radio station to be anti Orioles, that's fine...but please...PLEASE do not f'n advertise your radio station during MY Orioles games on TV like you did last year! Nestor is a damn hypocrite !

I would trust my customers judgement to make correct decisions on how I have treated them fairly (or not). I wouldn't expect them to follow some crackpot for no reason.

If the Orioles just gave him a pass- no one would be talking about this.

Deny him the pass- and all of a sudden he has an ISSUE !

He owns a radio station- he isn't like he is going away. Why fight him ? Fighting him legitimizes him.

Nestor may be blow hard and an egomaniac but I respect him for trying to do something. Someone has to be a pest to PA. No one at the Sun/WBAL/WJZ will be too critical of PA .

Thats the way I took it,I enjoy reading and posting here but dont feel like getting banned for something like this.If you want first hand information,go read Nestor's blog entry,like I did and what i was going off of.I was also going off of what Drew said HIMSELF on another board.You act like I am just "making things up" as I go along.

But see then you will say "Its all lies,Nestor has no credibility" So what am I left to argue with? Not much,because according to you all the stuff he says means nothing.The truth lies somewhere in the middle Im sure,but I havent said one thing in this thread that I didnt see in print elsewhere or hear straight from Nestors mouth.

You were implying that I was stating facts that were not true or were "speculation" when I was just stating what I had heard and read about the situation not from "2nd or 3rd hand information" but from BOTH(Drew and Nestors) mouth themselves.

I emailed Nestor about your points in the PM,and if he responds I will tell you what he said,directly from his mouth.If I was wrong about anything I have no problem saying so.

Maybe if you'd actually READ the thread, you wouldn't come off as a pompous jerk who thinks he's got the pulse on the true situation. Though you apparentely have a reading comprehenshion problem, since not only did you act like all the examples you demanded from me weren't already laid out in this very thread, but when I showed amazing awareness of ScottieB's warning to you, you seemed to have missed the fact that he warned you in this very thread.

I would trust my customers judgement to make correct decisions on how I have treated them fairly (or not). I wouldn't expect them to follow some crackpot for no reason.

If the Orioles just gave him a pass- no one would be talking about this.

Deny him the pass- and all of a sudden he has an ISSUE !

He owns a radio station- he isn't like he is going away. Why fight him ? Fighting him legitimizes him.

Nestor may be blow hard and an egomaniac but I respect him for trying to do something. Someone has to be a pest to PA. No one at the Sun/WBAL/WJZ will be too critical of PA .

As little as I care about this whole thing, I think you have a good point as far as a balanced media. It's good to have someone constantly pointing the finger at Angelos. We all can agree that he deserves some of it.

I mean look at what Preston constantly does to the Ravens. Some would argue they are a model NFL franchise.

And another point which bears saying, even though you already said we'd say it:

Who cares how Nestor replies to you? He's already shown his colors here. He misled the public deliberately for several hours about the nature of the problem, for what end? Considering his track record, he's got no leg to stand on here. He's the boy who cried "bad owner!" now.

He was looking for more NST pub. Period. The maverick station that doesn't play by the organizations rules. Well, jolly good show there boy, except for the fact that the vast majority of the fans in this town have brains.

As little as I care about this whole thing, I think you have a good point as far as a balanced media. It's good to have someone constantly pointing the finger at Angelos. We all can agree that he deserves some of it.

I mean look at what Preston constantly does to the Ravens. Some would argue they are a model NFL franchise.

And there are plenty of local writers who lay in to the Orioles on a regular basis. None of them have shouted it to the rafters about being denied creds. Is it because they didn't go yesterday, or because they were there but had creds? Either way, as soon as more pieces of the puzzle came down the line on this story, it became pretty clear that this was much ado about nothing, but yet another thing for Nestor to gripe about. It's worked on some people. But until one of those other local writers gets denied for just writing critically, it's not a story. Or one of those writers decides to make it personal and not professional.

This is the last thing I'm going to say on this subject, although you will ignore it.

The difference between you and everyone else is that you are using sources that are completely biased in one direction, while ignoring any source that says differently BECAUSE they say differently. Others are using accounts of witnesses and less-/un-biased sources while listening to your sources, but taking them with a grain of salt because of their overwhelming bias in the situation.

Look, either start paying attention to what others are saying or just drop it, because you haven't given one fact that has been shown to be true, only hearsay. That's just friendly advice; please don't ignore it.

Maybe if you'd actually READ the thread, you wouldn't come off as a pompous jerk who thinks he's got the pulse on the true situation. Though you apparentely have a reading comprehenshion problem, since not only did you act like all the examples you demanded from me weren't already laid out in this very thread, but when I showed amazing awareness of ScottieB's warning to you, you seemed to have missed the fact that he warned you in this very thread.

I would like for you to prove that I did not read the thread before you make any more statements regarding the issue.If you have a link or something,or heard it from 2nd or 3rd hand information dont go around spouting off things that you dont know to be true.I have heard that wild speculation like that wont be tolerated around here,so I would apreciate if you refrained from staing something that is a blatant lie.I have already stated that I read the thread on about 3 occasions,yet you continue to insist that you have been sitting on my shoulder watching my every move.

That is straight form the horses mouth for you.

Archived