Would you fire Duquette?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fire Duquette?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I'd fire. Like others have said and I've said he road the wave that McPhail created.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He rode the wave? Which wave? The one that kept missing the playoffs and would have hired Eric Wedge in place of Buck? The fact that McPhail gets any credit beyond acquiring Jones/Tillman and Hardy in trades astounds me. He didn't do much else.

I get your anger right now but I don't think Dan should go. Doesn't take a genius to see how important this upcoming offseason will be.

I don't think Dan has shown an ability to sign the right players. He's signed players at the height of their value (Ubaldo), he's traded for guys playing awell above their career norms (Parra). He's offered guys arbitration (Hunter, Matusz, De Aza) which were relatively high price players, only to DFA them (De Aza) after a short period of trade them for AAAA players and salary space (Hunter for Lake). He's let Cruz walk along with Nick while signing a fleet of AAAA players trying to fill their void. He's traded mid-tier players like Tarpley for guys like Snider who only had half a season of success. He's shown an inability to straighten guys like Arrieta out...and dumps them for non-impact players like Feldman who only put together a couple months of success (relative to his past career of mediocrity). And this is just a snippet of Duquette's tenure here. Let's not even get into the Rule V infatuation which has at times really held the team back.

Yes, he's signed guys like Pearce. And that's made him look good. And guys like Gonzo and Chen. There have certainly been a few additions made by Duquette. But his failures have really hurt this team long term. The core was really put together by MacPhail.

He rode the wave? Which wave? The one that kept missing the playoffs and would have hired Eric Wedge in place of Buck? The fact that McPhail gets any credit beyond acquiring Jones/Tillman and Hardy in trades astounds me. He didn't do much else.

Andy MacPhail was trading the best players from a team that had lost for a decade plus. A very different scenario.

What about drafting Machado and Weiters? And trading for Davis? Btw all that Jones and Hardy and Tillman he did were key pieces to this team making the playoffs and winning lots of ball games.

uhhhhh..........

I don't know. Maybe Chris Davis, Wieters and Machado were big deals?

He brought in this one guy who has hit 129 HRs for us.

Archived