More Fallout from the Duquette mess: Troy Tulowitzki

25 Nuggets

It just keeps getting better and better. Here's a tidbit I read from CBS Sports:

Toronto Blue Jays News

Toronto "hit a home run" with its moves everyone agrees. Good thing, too, it didn't give up Jeff Hoffman to get Orioles GM Dan Duquette to be their team president (that was Peter Angelos' request), as Hoffman was the guy who became the key to the Troy Tulowitzki deal ... The Jays became a rare team to have three players in double digits in home runs in one month, when Edwin Encarnacion and Josh Donaldson had 11 in August and Jose Bautista had 10 ... Should John Gibbons' job ever again fall into jeopardy (that wouldn't be the case now), folks believe Bud Black might interest the Jays. He has a long connection to new president Shapiro from Indians days.

I regret saying it, but, I'd rather Toronto have Duquette and us Hoffman, than Toronto having Tulo.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just keeps getting better and better. Here's a tidbit I read from CBS Sports:

I regret saying it, but, I'd rather Toronto have Duquette and us Hoffman, than Toronto having Tulo.

Not sure how this is fallout from the Duquette mess?

Now if the Jays' offered Hoffman and PA turned him down you could spin it that way.

I hope they choke on their bat splinters in the playoffs.

Funny, I doubt Toronto even thinks about the Orioles beyond the day of the game. Remember when the Orioles were the class of the league? You'd have to be over 40 to do that.

We can make fun of everyone, hate everyone and be happy with our payroll dollar per win ration. But this is getting old

Let's see. Tulowitzki will be 31 years old in a month. In the previous three seasons, he's played 47, 126, and 91 games. His offense might already be in decline. He's having his worst offensive season since 2008. He has five years, $98 million remaining on his contract. Of all the things to complain about, Toronto trading for an aging, injury-prone shortstop with a ton of money and years left on his contract should not be one of them.

Funny, I doubt Toronto even thinks about the Orioles beyond the day of the game. Remember when the Orioles were the class of the league? You'd have to be over 40 to do that.

We can make fun of everyone, hate everyone and be happy with our payroll dollar per win ration. But this is getting old

Toronto is getting to enjoy their 2012. And they sold all their good young players to do so. The won't get another year like we had in 2014 though.

Archived