FanFest December 12

eddie83

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried to ask back about using some of the MASN money instead of buckets but could not get my question in.

Yes, it will be interesting going forward although I'm not particularly optimistic based on what has happened so far.

Some of the language used at today's Fanfest definitely leaves one feeling disheartened.

Buck on all the returning coaches:

"Because their work is coveted, it was a challenge to get them all signed back. We had people knocking on their doors, every one of them. The confidence I have in them and they have in me and the organization, it's like a couple of them said, they never walked away from an unfinished fight before and that's where they feel like they are. They want to finish business next year."

I love Buck.

Buck on all the returning coaches:

"Because their work is coveted, it was a challenge to get them all signed back. We had people knocking on their doors, every one of them. The confidence I have in them and they have in me and the organization, it's like a couple of them said, they never walked away from an unfinished fight before and that's where they feel like they are. They want to finish business next year."

I love Buck.

All these quotes are from Roch's latest. Buck with a couple veiled shots across Davis' bow.

"We have been and will be competitive to a point. They've got to make a decision, how much is enough, and the game will move on without me, you, him and the Orioles."

"Darren [O'Day] is one of those guys that he wants to return the commitment that we made to him. He wants to be a really good pitcher for us for the next four years. And maybe beyond that. He'd like to finish here. It didn't have that much to do with where his wife was working and this and that and whatever. We felt comfortable committing to a guy that the contract didn't drive him."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/12/hearing-from-buck-showalter-at-fanfest.html

Status quo....another off season dumpster fire so far. Sheet gets old! Come on DD do your job!

This seems a bit over the top to me. The Trumbo move was a good one that allows us to work around Davis. Re-signing O'Day means our pen will be a point of strength. We have as good a set of catchers as any team.

If DD can land an outfielder and a good starter, this team can compete for the playoffs. If we dumpster dive or rely on our young guys to fill out the rotation spot, I'm less optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At last count, little over 11,500 at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fanfest?src=hash">#fanfest</a> today.</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">December 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's over a 23% drop from last year.

source - Orioles.com

I'm honestly surprised it was that much. Felt far less crowded than last year or 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brady is an intelligent guy and obviously knows the Orioles tried to sign Davis and Wieters. Does he mean the Orioles should be willing to pay more of a premium when they try to extend their own players while still under team control?
Could he be talking about Manny and Schoop?

Dan said that Davis is going to be tough but they are trying. He also said the money they have offered him would be available to be spent on others over the next 8 years. Not all on one player. And probably not all this year.
[video=youtube;Yd60nI4sa9A]

[video=youtube;9so3U_27tVo]

I wonder if they count the free tickets to season ticket holders and who do not show up.O'Day was not at Fanfest.I guess about 20% of the 25 man roster was not at Fanfest.
Ubaldo wasn't there because he is getting married. I'm sure that the wedding was planned well before Fanfest was scheduled for this weekend.

Archived