Are we heading back into the dark ages?

MDtransplant757

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to mention an All-Star CF still in his prime.

And a gold glove shortstop, one of the best managers in the game, and a handful of starting pitchers capable of TOR type years. We are good, add a solid COF and maybe another proven starting pitcher and supplement with some guys waiting to prove themselves and you have every reason to be positive. This forum has a tendency to wallow in a bleak mindset.

Any given year is difficult to predict, but the current/future success of the Astros and Rangers is not difficult to predict. IMO, the teams that have accumulated the most under 25, pre-FA talent are in for some pretty good years. The teams lacking that talent are likely in for some lean years.

So prior to this year, you would have predicted the Astros and Rangers to be the ones leading the AL West race at this point in the season?

And a gold glove shortstop, one of the best managers in the game, and a handful of starting pitchers capable of TOR type years. We are good, add a solid COF and maybe another proven starting pitcher and supplement with some guys waiting to prove themselves and you have every reason to be positive. This forum has a tendency to wallow in a bleak mindset.

I'd like to add a COF, but resigning Davis would be a good start on its own. I kind of like the idea of some combo of Parra/Pearce/Reimold/Alvarez/Urrutia in the OF, but if we could get a top-end type of guy, that would probably be for the best. Does anyone know if Parra would work in LF just to keep options open?

I'd like to add a COF, but resigning Davis would be a good start on its own. I kind of like the idea of some combo of Parra/Pearce/Reimold/Alvarez/Urrutia in the OF, but if we could get a top-end type of guy, that would probably be for the best. Does anyone know if Parra would work in LF just to keep options open?

In 7 seasons, he has played more LF, than anywhere else in the OF.

408 games.

In 7 seasons, he has played more LF, than anywhere else in the OF.

408 games.

Well maybe I should have gone and used the Google machine to look that up :)

Thanks for the assist.

For the record, I would love if we could use some of the freed-up money to sign one of the big time COF options and CD.

Cough *Heyward*, cough *Cespedes* cough.

Not that I would want Cespedes considering what he will cost.

I would actually prefer Justin Upton to Cespedes. Personally I think some people are too high on him. He's a fine player and he's having a great year right now, but I think he's going to get way more money than he is worth.

Archived