Projected Arbitration Salaries for 2016

weams

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miguel Gonzalez at 4.9 mil is another name to consider, especially if the Orioles don't project him in the rotation. Gonzo can be traded... combined with Matusz, that's $8.3 mil that can go towards a better starting pitcher and 500k reliever.

Similarly, I think it was El Gordo that came up with the idea of trading Britton. If they don't want to give O'Day $7 mil, why would they give Britton $7 mil? Or, they could sign O'Day, trade Britton and rotate Givens in.

There's a lot of upside to a healthy Gonzo at $4.9 million. I won't miss Matusz. I'm in favor of trading Britton. Meh on Janish. Fine with everyone else at those prices.

I'm in favor of either trading Britton or moving him to the rotation. Keeping him as the closer at that price is not smart for a mid-market team.

I'm in favor of either trading Britton or moving him to the rotation. Keeping him as the closer at that price is not smart for a mid-market team.

Trade Britton or keep him at closer. Trying him in the rotation is a bad move, he won't sustain that one pitch.

total $31.6M

Orioles (9)

Brian Matusz (5.156) - $3.4MM

Nolan Reimold (5.113) - $1.0MM

Paul Janish (4.156) - $700K

Chris Tillman (4.113) - $6.2MM

Miguel Gonzalez (4.095) - $4.9MM

Ryan Flaherty (4.000) - $1.5MM

Zach Britton (3.158) - $6.9MM

Brad Brach (3.063) - $1.1MM

Manny Machado (3.056) - $5.9MM

source - mlbtraderumors.com

ETA this represents a little over a $15M increase almost double over 2015 ($16.53M), 1/3 of that increase goes to Manny

I would let Brian go and also I think a few of those numbers will be high. I think those are the numbrs that the agents ask for but think we will meet lower for most.

Nolan 1 mllion

Janish 650K

Tilman 5.7 milllion

Gonzo 4.5 million

Flaherty 1.25 million

Britton 6.6 million

Brach 1.1 million

Manny 5.4 million

The point is when people point to the 2016 payroll, the Orioles will note the extra $15M in arbitration when defending their offseason spending.

If that's the point, then the figures should only show the amount of increase over this year's salaries.

1) Non tender Matusz and either try to resign him at lower salary or replace him with another lefty

2) Pick between Flaherty and Janish. The O's don't need to keep both these guys on the 25 man roster.

3) Nolan will get more than that in arbitration. I would offer him a 1M contract before the non tender date. If he takes it fine. If he doesn't non tender him and try to sign him later.

4) I will take MLBTR's numbers over the ones I have guessed.

Archived