Machado Gold Glove Finalist

Spy Fox

Why isn't Chris Davis on the list for 1st basemen? His fielding stats match up to Teixeira's & they're better than Napoli's.

.....although I'm sure Hosmer will get it again regardless......just another slight to the O's; gotta fill up as many spots as possible for the crankees & the sawx, I guess

Why isn't Chris Davis on the list for 1st basemen? His fielding stats match up to Teixeira's & they're better than Napoli's.

.....although I'm sure Hosmer will get it again regardless......just another slight to the O's; gotta fill up as many spots as possible for the crankees & the sawx, I guess

popularity contest by the sports writers.

Right, because the O's haven't been winning a lot of these in the last few years. :rolleyes:

The O's have had plenty of questionable winners the last few years.

The team defense disappointed this year and I have no problem at all with only one nomination.

Its never questionable when your guy wins one. :)

I do agree, wasn't a great year for the defense and we have been spoiled by good defense the last few years.

Something is truly screwy with the metric when every 1B has a negative UZR except Posey, who is a C.......:scratchchinhmm:

They don't all have negative UZR --- they all have negative overall defensive runs, which takes into account the positional adjustment for 1B.

In essence, what they're saying is that even the truly slick-fielding 1Bs last season provided less overall defensive value than an average player (across all positions).

UZR

Beltre 13.8

Manny 11.2

Donaldson 10.7

Longoria 8.1

Interesting they aren't considering Donaldson.

Rtot

Longoria 14

Beltre 11

Manny 8

Donaldson 6

dWAR

Beltre 2.3

Manny 1.9

Donaldson 1.5

Longoria 0.2

I've got to go with Beltre. I'd say Manny has a shot, though. He played in every game, was 2nd in assists (Seager 1st), 2nd in putouts (Donaldson 1st), tops in DP's, tops in range factor. He's certainly got a case. Longoria made very few errors (9 to Manny's 19) and led the league in fielding percentage, but Manny was better in every other conventional stat.

The O's have had plenty of questionable winners the last few years.

The team defense disappointed this year and I have no problem at all with only one nomination.

I don't either. However, I think the sabermetric stats overstate the extent to which the Orioles' defense slipped this year. I thought the team played solid D, just not as good as the prior two years.

Rtot

Longoria 14

Beltre 11

Manny 8

Donaldson 6

dWAR

Beltre 2.3

Manny 1.9

Donaldson 1.5

Longoria 0.2

I've got to go with Beltre. I'd say Manny has a shot, though. He played in every game, was 2nd in assists (Seager 1st), 2nd in putouts (Donaldson 1st), tops in DP's, tops in range factor. He's certainly got a case. Longoria made very few errors (9 to Manny's 19) and led the league in fielding percentage, but Manny was better in every other conventional stat.

DRS

Beltre 18 RS

Manny 14

Donaldson 11

Longoria -1

1B

Teixeira 5 RS

Cabrera 4

Davis 4

Archived