Should O's sign Nori Aoki? (Giants decline option)

mdbdotcom

You keep pulling these numbers out of your service entrance to try and make an argument. Jaso Is not costing 5 M and Span is not coating 10M, if they are you go elsewhere. No one is giving Morneau more than one year. It's lame. Then you counter by saying you would prefer to do what is totally unrealistic. Heyward is going to cost 20 M+ and Chen is 15 M +. You aren't going to do much about 1B, DH, or LF. I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously. You just seem like someone who likes to whine. In another thread you say we won't even have 120 M payroll and we should blow everything up. In this one you say we should increase the budget and spend 50-60 M on high priced FA with QO. Make up you mind if you have one.

I looked at the current salary for each player this year and figured a slight increase.

You talk as if your a baseball GM and "No one" ....there will be other teams fishing for bargains.

As was said in the other thread Mornea's last good offensive year non Colorado year was 2010. When I looked at his stats on baseball reference he played 30 ish games 2 out of the last 3 seasons. So let's say you get him for one year at a bargain $7.5 million and he plays 30 games. You've just flushed that money down the commode.

First Gordo ....it's a dam opinion board!

Second ....What I'd like to see happen and what is likely going to happen is two very different things,

Fact if the Orioles just keep the same payroll ad last year they have 40 +/- million to spend.

I personally don't think they will!

Weams has said that Angelos is not likely going to agree to a rebuild at his age. He knows more than I do and alluded to the fact that he wants to win now. My reply to that was that he should agree to a 10-15 % increase ...not that they will!

I'd rather bring back Chen and know that my rotation is no worse than last year than spend it on a lesser starter 8-10 million who will likely be a run higher in era.

I'd rather have Heyward/Upton than waste 15-20 million on the injury prone gaggle that you mentioned above hoping that the stars align and they all manage to stay healthy.

So realistically if they spent 35 ish on two quality players and fill 1B/LF with Lake, Walker, Alvarez. I'd be as happy as I could be about our chances!

It beats the Dumster Diving you are suggesting! Bringing in middling guys that are almost certain to spend prolonged time is as bad a wasting money on De Aza, Snider, and the rest of the bunch that was DFA last year during the season.

*****im not sure why you are targeting me again and you've done this a few times over the years. You resort to the insults that I guess make you feel more like a man. Your nothing more than a whimp hiding behind a keyboard***

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived