Should the O's offer Bud Norris a minor league deal with an opt-out date?

mdbdotcom

Perhaps the only sure thing this off-season is that Bud Norris is not going to get the kind of contract he was looking forward to after the 2014 season. It's possible that no one offers Bud a major league deal.

Should the O's offer Bud a minor league deal so he can try to work his way back to the big leagues? He's not a great pitcher, but he did have his moments for the O's and we are short on the bump right now.

Should we offer him a minor league deal and spring training invite with an opt-out if he's not in the bigs by May?

I'm sure months will be by before he would even think about taking such an offer, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Unless you're talking about Nolan Reimold the Orioles haven't made a habit of bringing back players. I think that ship has sailed, but hey I'd be willing to give him a shot to find out if he learned a new grip on a CH in the off season. Or, more importantly how to again locate his FB.

Sure, put the offer out there and see if he enjoyed his time in Baltimore enough but honestly we wouldn't be the only team offering that type of deal. He may want a fresh start somewhere else.

Or, he may want to return to the place where he had his greatest success.

Unless you're talking about Nolan Reimold the Orioles haven't made a habit of bringing back players. I think that ship has sailed, but hey I'd be willing to give him a shot to find out if he learned a new grip on a CH in the off season. Or, more importantly how to again locate his FB.

Tejada, Pearce, Hendrickson, Johnson.

Tejada, Pearce, Hendrickson, Johnson.
Raffy, Ponson, Almanzar, Surhoff...

Hey, it isn't an everyday occurrence, but it doesn't seem like the Orioles are any less prone to bringing back a former player than any other team is.

Bordick.

Ok, anyone else with their example? I obviously meant HOF players. Ha! Now what's your answer?

Fine, I had a brain cramp, but I don't want Bud.

Archived