Should the Orioles sign Alex Gordon?

Diehard_O's_Fan

If Davis is truly at a price we cannot afford then we have to look at the other options on the market.

Personally I would prefer an option that does not include giving up a pick. If those guys are snapped up though, I think its ludicrous to value a sandwich pick in the first round over fielding a possible winning team. Especially considering that we do not have the most stellar drafting and development history as evidenced by the lack of talent currently in the system. Sure I want that pick but not the degree of sacrificing any chance of winning to keep it. That's insane.

If Davis is truly at a price we cannot afford then we have to look at the other options on the market.

Personally I would prefer an option that does not include giving up a pick. If those guys are snapped up though, I think its ludicrous to value a sandwich pick in the first round over fielding a possible winning team. Especially considering that we do not have the most stellar drafting and development history as evidenced by the lack of talent currently in the system. Sure I want that pick but not the degree of sacrificing any chance of winning to keep it. That's insane.

I wouldnt want to give Gordon 20 million per season for anymore than 4 years due to his age.

If you sign a QO guy that is not your own you would lose the top pick 15 and replace it with the comp pick right ?

I don't know exactly, but I wouldn't let that stop me. I'm not sure how I feel about surrendering more than 1-2 picks though. For a team that absolutely stinks at drafting and developing talent, we sure do put a lot of emphasis on stockpiling picks as fans. I say go get Davis and Gordon, and try to retain Parra or trade for Markakis. Even if we can only get Atlanta to throw in 6-9M to ease his contract, it'd be worth it to me. An OF of Gordon, Jones, and Markakis/Parra sounds very good to me.

I don't know exactly, but I wouldn't let that stop me. I'm not sure how I feel about surrendering more than 1-2 picks though. For a team that absolutely stinks at drafting and developing talent, we sure do put a lot of emphasis on stockpiling picks as fans. I say go get Davis and Gordon, and try to retain Parra or trade for Markakis. Even if we can only get Atlanta to throw in 6-9M to ease his contract, it'd be worth it to me. An OF of Gordon, Jones, and Markakis/Parra sounds very good to me.

I doubt despite all the speculation that the payroll can afford to 20 million per bats.so I don't see anyway your getting both Gordon and Davis. I've advocated for Upton or Heyward to come in over Davis. IMO Mancini is probably a season away. I know Chris can be moved to RF ..but I'd feel better about the outfield defense the with Heyward/Upton.

I wouldnt want to give Gordon 20 million per season for anymore than 4 years due to his age.

I want the SP addressed first and foremost.

If it means forgoing signing a guy like Gordon or Davis and signing a lesser OF in order to bring in some pitching, then so be it.

Get the pitching in shape first then get the bats IMO.

I want the SP addressed first and foremost.

If it means forgoing signing a guy like Gordon or Davis and signing a lesser OF in order to bring in some pitching, then so be it.

Get the pitching in shape first then get the bats IMO.

I agree. Starters.

Gordon is getting 100 million I think.

I think its unlikely that we go more years than KC would and I doubt we offer that much more in terms of AAV to pry him away. I think KC will make a real effort to keep him. If they lose him I doubt we are the ones whom dive deep enough to pry him away

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If we're going to give up the pick, I'd much rather have Dexter Fowler. Two years younger, has better speed, and switch hits without a need to platoon. I would prefer Denard Span and a Will Venable/Steve Pearce platoon to fill out the OF though.

This is round about where I'm at. I think we should resign Pearce. I think he's going to be better this year coming up than he was this year (2015). I wouldn't mind a cheap platoon with him and someone else, if it means shoring up 1B,a good starter, and the other corner.

Archived