Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

The writing is on the wall for Davis to come back to us. Heyward got 185 everybody said he was getting over 200 Davis be crazy to turn down O's deal and the other major suitor is Cards but if they get Gordon where does that leave Davis? I could see it happening soon.

I think Boras and Chris Davis are going to be sorely disappointed that they didn't take 7/150. When you look at the AAV Heyward got and compare his stats to Davis... plus the fact that Heyward is younger, more consistent, and has a more varied skill set...

No one is going to offer Davis 7/150 again this off season.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Braves?src=hash">#Braves</a> are trying to trade Nick Swisher. They'd likely need to eat a significant portion of his $15M salary.</p>— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) <a href="

">December 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Uh-Oh.

Why don't we trade for Markakis back? The braves are having a fire sale. He proved he was healthy and recovered from that surgery last year. They don't need to eat salary but we don't have to trade a top prospect. He's basically got left on his deal what our offer was, and got to prove he's healthy.

Why don't we trade for Markakis back? The braves are having a fire sale. He proved he was healthy and recovered from that surgery last year. They don't need to eat salary but we don't have to trade a top prospect. He's basically got left on his deal what our offer was, and got to prove he's healthy.

Ship has sailed get Upton and Span!

Markakis is not worth a top prospect even if they eat 1/2 his contract

I thought the tweet was about Swisher not Markakis.

Its doubtful that Markakis is worth his remaining contract.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Braves?src=hash">#Braves</a> are trying to trade Nick Swisher. They'd likely need to eat a significant portion of his $15M salary.</p>— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) <a href="
">December 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Uh-Oh.

They lose a pick to sign him?

I'll never understand why you would pay that for mediocre, at best, SP. How much better will he be than the AAAA guys you can get off the scrap heap?
Ding. Ding. He could hit the market at 29 after pulling home $69M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two opt outs are huge. The first would put him in the 2018 market which may include Manny and Harper. The second is the following year so he can avoid being a lesser light while still young at 30.

Ship has sailed get Upton and Span!

Markakis is not worth a top prospect even if they eat 1/2 his contract

It is surprising to me how often I am seeing Span's name come up. Anyone interested in Span has to be very patient, as he is unlikely to be able to take a physical until February or March. I'm not sure that I would want to count him into my plans.

Great Article' date=' couldn't agree with it more. I am in the camp that Heyward is overrated since I believe that speed doesn't age well and he'll need to develop power to maintain WAR which looks questionable at this time. I realize that he's only 26 so his short term WAR may prove enough but I would hate to have that contract once he's in his 30s.[/quote']

The majority of the contract Heyward will be younger than Davis is right now, right?

Archived