Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw 3/31. I guess our options are drying up soon.

What is the market left for the big bats: Davis' date=' Cespedes and Upton?[/quote']

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SFGiants?src=hash">#SFGiants</a> never considered long term deal with Cespedes or Upton before turning to Span</p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="

">January 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I saw 3/31. I guess our options are drying up soon.

What is the market left for the big bats: Davis' date=' Cespedes and Upton?[/quote']

5/110 for Davis? 5/100 for Cespedes? 6/100 for Upton? My best guess. If Upton did not cost the draft pick he might get an extra 20 mil. I think the pick brings his value down a little bit.

One thing is for sure. 7/154 is definitely not the market for Davis. Hope we aren't bidding against ourselves if we try to bring him back.

5/110 for Davis? 5/100 for Cespedes? 6/100 for Upton? My best guess. If Upton did not cost the draft pick he might get an extra 20 mil. I think the pick brings his value down a little bit.

One this is for sure. 7/154 is definitely not the market for Davis. Hope we aren't bidding against ourselves if we try to bring him back.

Sorry, guess I stated it wrong. I didn't mean dollar amounts, but what teams are shopping for a big hitter?

Sorry' date=' guess I stated it wrong. I didn't mean dollar amounts, but what teams are shopping for a big hitter?[/quote']

There are not too many that standout. Rangers have been mentioned but they are on a budget supposedly. They could use some offense. I don't see the Astros taking on a big contract with all that cost controlled talent at their disposal. White Sox, Cardinals, and Tigers are the teams that standout to me along with us that have the need and dollars available.

Forgot about the Angels. A team with unlimited resources and a need at 1B and LF.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb-news/4688284-mlb-free-agents-2016-la-angels-owner-arte-moreno-luxury-tax-alex-gordon-yoenis-cespedes-justin-upton

“We’re probably going to be out,” Moreno said, via the Los Angeles Times. “We’re talking to them. The numbers are big. Right now, we haven’t been able to . . . it really gets down to economics.”

After signing utility outfielder Daniel Nava to a one-year, $1.375 million contract Wednesday, the Angels are only $4 million away from reaching Major League Baseball's luxury-tax threshold of $189 million.

He does leave the door open but they are most likely out.

Forgot about the Angels. A team with unlimited resources and a need at 1B and LF.

The Angels' owner has stated several times that he doesn't want to be subject to the luxury tax, which would seem to eliminate a major signing for them, unless they make a trade to free up some salary or the owner changes his mind on that.

The Angels' owner has stated several times that he doesn't want to be subject to the luxury tax, which would seem to eliminate a major signing for them, unless they make a trade to free up some salary or the owner changes his mind on that.

Fair enough. I've read something similar about the Yankees and that the Rangers only have another 8-10 mil left under budget that they can spend. Anyone other than St. Louis, Detroit, or CHW that could be a player on the big three that are left?

Fair enough. I've read something similar about the Yankees and that the Rangers only have another 8-10 mil left under budget that they can spend. Anyone other than St. Louis, Detroit, or CHW that could be a player on the big three that are left?
BAL? :laughlol:

Archived