Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there actually talk in the Warehouse about trading Britton? Or is this simply speculation (wishful thinking) on the part of some OHers?

I don't know the answer but IMO a good trade partner would be the Cubs. They have a plethora position player talent and not enough openings. I would see what they are making available...you just never know.

Britton is great but if they can get controllable position guys with that type of talent...

I don't know the answer but IMO a good trade partner would be the Cubs. They have a plethora position player talent and not enough openings. I would see what they are making available...you just never know.

Britton is great but if they can get controllable position guys with that type of talent...

Can Of Corn said that the talk about trading Britton is speculation on the part of some OHers. I don't think he's going anywhere. He's scheduled to be at Fanfest to sign autographs.

Can Of Corn said that the talk about trading Britton is speculation on the part of some OHers. I don't think he's going anywhere. He's scheduled to be at Fanfest to sign autographs.

Can_of_corn and I both know exactly the same thing about this. Exactly. No idea if Dan will trade Zach to the Astros or the Cubs before Britton signs autographs. Fan fest appearances have nothing to do with what will or will not occur with the club's assets.

Can_of_corn and I both know exactly the same thing about this. Exactly. No idea if Dan will trade Zach to the Astros or the Cubs before Britton signs autographs. Fan fest appearances have nothing to do with what will or will not occur with the club's assets.

They can stick O'day in if his physical is done.Otherwise,Junior or Greg Lake can sign.

They can stick O'day in if his physical is done.Otherwise, Junior or Greg Lake can sign.
Cat's foot, iron claw

Neuro-surgeons scream for more

At paranoia's poison door

21st century schizoid man

Blood rack, barbed wire

Politician's funeral pyre

Innocence raped with napalm fire

Dead sea, blind man's greed

Poet's starving, children bleed

Nothing he's got, he really needs

That would be a good table.

I agree. This is a good deal if we are trading Britton. Problem seems to be the closer trade market is strong. May have to wait until the deadline. Of course, if we're in the chase, we won't trade him then either. Next offseason, we could end up with a JJ type return because of Britton's expected price.

Britton isn't Chapman. He doesn't have the hardware/rep that Kimbrel had. Both reasons I thought trading him at the deadline for a "bargain" compared to those two asking prices made sense. I believe Britton's value will be what it is, but in order to get a deal done in a buyer's market you probably need to have the relationship to negotiate it in quick order. This FO has traded with Houston and with Chicago, so maybe there is a good relationship there. I don't know.

Britton isn't Chapman. He doesn't have the hardware/rep that Kimbrel had. Both reasons I thought trading him at the deadline for a "bargain" compared to those two asking prices made sense. I believe Britton's value will be what it is, but in order to get a deal done in a buyer's market you probably need to have the relationship to negotiate it in quick order. This FO has traded with Houston and with Chicago, so maybe there is a good relationship there. I don't know.

Britton has three years control. He is a rock star in the closer market if made available. Dan is not trading him from need. If he does, it's because someone came paying the mother-load. Hardware is meaningless.

Archived