Have KNOTT, Want KNOTT

The Azman

I will tell you what I think the FO reasons are. I am not saying that I agree with them but here is the argument.

1. They believe if Bynum is waivered he will be claimed leaving the O's with nothing in return. They may have already try to waive him.

2. That with Bynum's versatility and speed some NL team would love to have him and will give up something of value to get him.

3. The Knott is still with the O's organization and can be called on at any time.

4. That until Payton and Hernandez are on the team and performing to their normal standards the O's do not know how this team will do versus lefties.

There's my guess.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. They believe if Bynum is waivered he will be claimed leaving the O's with nothing in return. They may have already try to waive him.

So let him go...He is has very little value for us.

2. That with Bynum's versatility and speed some NL team would love to have him and will give up something of value to get him.
Highly unlikely.
3. The Knott is still with the O's organization and can be called on at any time.
This is true although not a good reason.
4. That until Payton and Hernandez are on the team and performing to their normal standards the O's do not know how this team will do versus lefties.
They know that over the course of a season that Gibbons, CPat and Huff are likely to struggle versus lefties.

There's my guess.

Probably a good guess but they are awful reasons.

I will tell you what I think the FO reasons are. I am not saying that I agree with them but here is the argument.

There's my guess.

Yes and add to that Gibbons and Millar are currently hitting LHP very well, they expect Huff to be able to hit LHP once he finds his groove and they value CPat's speed and defense too much to platoon him regularly. Millar, Gibbons or Huff have to be injured, traded or in a prolonged slump before there is room for Knott on the team in their eyes.

But this isn't going to happen. They did not pay Jay Payton $10 million to get 160 AB per season.

The situation has nothing to do with Knott specifically, this bed was made during the offseason and there is no room for someone with his profile.

That really is the sad reality that I try to ignore but just can't. The O's front office thinks Jay Payton is worth $10 million and Bynum is someone you trade for. This horse is dead and buried but I gotta say it again - they just aren't very good at what they do.

Agreed. However, the bottom line is that we saw this coming and shouldn't be shocked. If the team continues to pitch well and win, this won't be an issue. And we know Knott will be back as soon as Payton or Millar gets hurt.

Nobody should be shocked, but everybody should still be pissed.

Almost unamiously, OH'er believe Jon Knott should be with the O's. So.....

- what is it that WE don't know that THEY (Perlozzo and the FO) do know?

Frankly, I think the difference is that we OH's have not spent our entire professional lives within the baseball orthodoxy.

So let him go...He is has very little value for us.

Highly unlikely.

This is true although not a good reason.

They know that over the course of a season that Gibbons, CPat and Huff are likely to struggle versus lefties.

Probably a good guess but they are awful reasons.

Oh and reason number:

5. The O's are afraid of SG. They know the if they release Bynum for nothing and 24 year old Kevin Hart ever plays well in the majors, SG will be there to say 'Look at what those yahoos did. Their terrible.'

This front office and Perlozzo have to go. We need to get baseball minds in here who understand the game.

We had a chance of being a much improved team against left handers and we squander it.

Bynum staying on the team is beyond foolish. Who will he be a defensive replacement for? Why do we have bynum and Gomez on the team one would be enough. Knott's bat would be much more useful than Bynum's speed in late game situations.

i was feeling alot better about our team with Knott on it, now i feel like i did earlier and for the last several years. We are a joke of a franchise.

Archived