Have KNOTT, Want KNOTT

The Azman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh don't worry, some will try to defend it.

Perlozzo, Duq and Flanny have to go...It is that simple. They are just not good.

Duquette Dumb (I really don't believe he is)

Flanny Dumber (He is)

Perlozzo Dumbest (No question)

They also could be referred to as Tweedles:

Dee

Dumb

Doh

How difficult is this to figure out? Gibby and Patterson are your starters against righties...Knott and Payton are your startes agsinst lefties (in left field and center field).

Instead, we'll be stuck with either Gibby facing lefties (and YES I know he is doing decent right now) or Payton facing righties. If Bynum sees more than one AB per week, I will vomit!

I guess the FO feel he'll be better suited playing every day, which wouldn't have been up here. I'm not saying they're right, but that's the thinking, and we have to accept it.

But why would you even think that?

He is not some 23 y/o great prospect or anything....He is almost 29 and he is what he is. There is no need to play him everyday because he will never be that player.

He is not some 23 y/o great prospect or anything....He is almost 29 and he is what he is. There is no need to play him everyday because he will never be that player.

I'm not disagreeing with you on what Knott is, I'm just trying to figure out where the FO is coming from by sending back after his impressive mini stint. So if that's not the reason, what could it be then? It can't be that they think Bynum is a better player, could it? No one on this board thinks that Bynum can help the team more than Knott can, correct? So therefore, are we all wrong or do the Professionals know what they're doing.

Seriously, he's not a prospect, he's a vet at this point.

It seems to me if one of Huff or Gibbons or Millar were not on the team Knott would be an every day player at DH.

I'm not disagreeing with you on what Knott is, I'm just trying to figure out where the FO is coming from by sending back after his impressive mini stint. So if that's not the reason, what could it be then? It can't be that they think Bynum is a better player, could it? No one on this board thinks that Bynum can help the team more than Knott can, correct? So therefore, are we all wrong or do the Professionals know what they're doing.

They want Bynum because he is more "versatile", in that he can do more things, even if he doesn't do them very well.

They want Bynum because he is more "versatile", in that he can do more things, even if he doesn't do them very well.

I have nothing against Bynum, he is what he is as well. But it does seem like Knott would fit on the team, but I guess just not get much time.

How difficult is this to figure out? Gibby and Patterson are your starters against righties...Knott and Payton are your startes agsinst lefties (in left field and center field).

But this isn't going to happen. They did not pay Jay Payton $10 million to get 160 AB per season.

The situation has nothing to do with Knott specifically, this bed was made during the offseason and there is no room for someone with his profile.

That's Perlozzo's fault.

Agreed. However, the bottom line is that we saw this coming and shouldn't be shocked. If the team continues to pitch well and win, this won't be an issue. And we know Knott will be back as soon as Payton or Millar gets hurt.

Agreed. However, the bottom line is that we saw this coming and shouldn't be shocked. If the team continues to pitch well and win, this won't be an issue. And we know Knott will be back as soon as Payton or Millar gets hurt.

Agreed on all points. Especially the bolded one!

Archived