Have KNOTT, Want KNOTT

The Azman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1-2 with a walk & an RBI so far.

I'm sorry but there's no way this kid shouldn't start against lefties.

If perlozzo were to send down Bynum when Payton comes back, and uses the proper lineup against left handers. We could have a winning record against them this year.

That could be the difference in having a winning record or a losing record.

If perlozzo were to send down Bynum when Payton comes back, and uses the proper lineup against left handers. We could have a winning record against them this year.

That could be the difference in having a winning record or a losing record.

In this article they state that Knott will more than likely be sent back down. That will blow up the OH if it happens I'm sure.

It will be a minor miracle if when Payton comes off the DL, Knott is on the team and Bynum is down at AAA.

Anything is possible, but that scenario ain't happenin', jack.

First of all who is Jack? :D

I understand what they said but i just cannot see how they send him down. Its beyond moronic. If we want to be a winning team we have to learn to put the best lineup out there everyday like other teams do.

So who goes down when Payton comes back?

It's gotta be Bynum, Burres, or Knott. If they had any sense it would obviously be Bynum, since Payton fits the bill of a good defensive outfielder with some speed, but who knows with this organization.

MVP!

Maybe he'll hit another HR his first AB in today's game and maintain his torrid pace :D:D

Well after slumping badly today his OPS is down to 2.300. The O's have press release ready saying "The dramatic downturn in his production is the reason he was sent back to Norfolk after today's game". :rolleyes:

It will definitely be Knott going down because he just wouldn't get in there much once Payton comes back. He can't come in for defense late in games or pinch-run like Bynum and it's going to be tough enough to get AB's for Gibbons and Millar let alone throwing Knott into the DH/LF mix. Just be glad the guy is only a phone call away if injuries strike again.

It will definitely be Knott going down because he just wouldn't get in there much once Payton comes back. He can't come in for defense late in games or pinch-run like Bynum and it's going to be tough enough to get AB's for Gibbons and Millar let alone throwing Knott into the DH/LF mix. Just be glad the guy is only a phone call away if injuries strike again.

He can play against lefties in place of Gibbons or Huff in LF or DH when there is a lefty on the mound while Payton moves to center. He can pinch hit when the other team puts a lefty in the game. He can spell certain players...for instance maybe they can finally give Mora a day off, move Huff to third and then put Knott at 1b. I would much rather have that pinch hitter or starter vs. a lefty and than a damn no-hit defensive replacement and pinch runner. BTW, who is Bynum replacing for defense late in the games when Payton comes back?

There are plenty of ABs to go around.

Archived