Duquette Speaks

Frobby

Given the money we spent this offseason, we clearly had a sufficient budget to sign a LH starter. Dan chose to spend his money elsewhere because he thought the market for starting pitching was overpriced. I guess we'll see how that works out. There's no way to tell whether our rotation will do better than last year until the lights come on.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Given the money we spent this offseason, we clearly had a sufficient budget to sign a LH starter. Dan chose to spend his money elsewhere because he thought the market for starting pitching was overpriced. I guess we'll see how that works out. There's no way to tell whether our rotation will do better than last year until the lights come on.

With Hunter and Bordy today on MASN, he hinted on deals to come at the end of ST. Sounded like if the right deal comes through (e.g., a Bud Norris for Hader type deal) he will bite....:rofl:

Tanner Scott/Mancini (?) for Shields and so on....:scratchchinhmm:;)

There was no way Chen was coming back. I liked Chen but he is not worth the

money he is getting. IMO. Until Gallardo is pitching no one knows oh well he

will do or not do. IMO

Chen got 90 million dollars! He was never gonna be in Baltimore.

With Hunter and Bordy today on MASN, he hinted on deals to come at the end of ST. Sounded like if the right deal comes through (e.g., a Bud Norris for Hader type deal) he will bite....:rofl:

Tanner Scott/Mancini (?) for Shields and so on....:scratchchinhmm:;)

If Shields were left-handed. Maybe.

True. Unless the Owner said, "This money is for Davis." Which he did.

So far I am all right with the 5 starters but Wright, Worley and Wilson have not been good as the backups. O's will nedd 6-9 starters before the year is over. Dan sounds like he will be kicking the tires on adding a lefties starter.

So if we trade for a lefty starter' date=' do we send one of our righty starters in the deal to free up a spot. The bullpen seems mighty full now.[/quote']

Well Gonzalez could be the one to be moved I would suppose. Doesn't seem likely that Gausman, Tillman, Jiminez or Gallardo would be traded.

What FA LH SP option would PA have approved signing?

I'm curious if DD's comments could simply be a reference to getting Matusz healthy. Obviously from context it doesn't seem as if that's the case, but the way this club was crafted all offseason, including if I recall correctly some comments from the club saying they wouldn't mind having five right handed starters, I would be pretty surprised if a lousy opening week and a half of spring training has suddenly changed the approach to balancing the rotation. Would just kind of seem like a panic move to shake things up like a two weeks after we supposedly firmed up our rotation with Gallardo.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised to see another major move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived