Os Sign O'Day for 4 Years - It's official

Nevermore

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quote was that the agent and the Orioles have had on going talks during the season, have they had any talks since the season ended? The agent wants to continue the on going talks, he failes to say whether the Orioles would like to do so also. Although his 'time is of the essence' language infers that the Orioles are not on the same page as the agent.

Is there a rule preventing the team from offering a contract between the end of the season and the free agent period? The season was long, why did they not progress beyond talks unless O'Day wants to court offers from other teams during free agency?

Have the Orioles commented on O'Day? Have they confirmed on going talks during the season?

The quote was that the agent and the Orioles have had on going talks during the season, have they had any talks since the season ended? The agent wants to continue the on going talks, he failes to say whether the Orioles would like to do so also. Although his 'time is of the essence' language infers that the Orioles are not on the same page as the agent.

Is there a rule preventing the team from offering a contract between the end of the season and the free agent period? The season was long, why did they not progress beyond talks unless O'Day wants to court offers from other teams during free agency?

Have the Orioles commented on O'Day? Have they confirmed on going talks during the season?

Statements imply, readers infer.

Sign him and keep Britton.

15 M for two RP?

Without him and Britton for an entire season our pitching staff would fall apart. Last year could have been a lot uglier.

I've stated several times before that it's a testament to the Orioles' bullpen that the 2015 team managed to go 81-81 when the starting pitching was as bad as it was.

You could make the argument to not spend a lot of money on Britton and/or O'Day, but I don't think that the debate is necessarily one-sided simply because they are relief pitchers. Those two have been far and away the most dependable arms in the Orioles bullpen over the last 2 seasons (4 seasons for O'Day.)

Sounds to me more like an agent trying to get the O's to sign his client before the FA period. I'm sure O'Day & the O's have talked a bit of $, but it's probably a stretch to say anything 'concrete'. O'Day's contract is up. He made, what? $8.5 mill this year? He's probably looking for $10 mill a year, for 4 years. He'd be crazy not to declare FA. He'll be 34 next year; do the O's give him that kind of $$$?.....maybe......though only with Chen, Wieters & Davis gone.

O'Day's contract is up. He made, what? $8.5 mill this year? He's probably looking for $10 mill a year, for 4 years. He'd be crazy not to declare FA. He'll be 34 next year; do the O's give him that kind of $$$?.....maybe......though only with Chen, Wieters & Davis gone.

$4,250,000

15 M for two RP?

I don't know what the final numbers will be , but the BP is our strength. Keep it strong. Each game requires a 7th, 8th and 9th inning reliever. Brach/Givens, DOD, ZB. We can't afford to lose DOD.

And the SP(s) we do sign are likely to be secondary options, not dominant 8 inning pitchers.

Archived