Os Sign O'Day for 4 Years - It's official

Nevermore

Sounds to me more like an agent trying to get the O's to sign his client before the FA period. I'm sure O'Day & the O's have talked a bit of $, but it's probably a stretch to say anything 'concrete'. O'Day's contract is up. He made, what? $8.5 mill this year? He's probably looking for $10 mill a year, for 4 years. He'd be crazy not to declare FA. He'll be 34 next year; do the O's give him that kind of $$$?.....maybe......though only with Chen, Wieters & Davis gone.

I see you don't let facts get in the way of your posts. Weams already corrected you on his salary last year. He will play all for 2016 at age 33. And Miller got 4/36 from the Yankees last year. I doubt he is asking the O's for that much.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Signing O'Day gives the O's a lot of options with Britton. They can keep him at closer, move him to the rotation or trade him. And they don't have to make the decision on what to do until they see if they can sign another starter.

Britton can't start.

I see you don't let facts get in the way of your posts. Weams already corrected you on his salary last year. He will play all for 2016 at age 33. And Miller got 4/36 from the Yankees last year. I doubt he is asking the O's for that much.

My mistake....I transposed the numbers....it's $5.8, not $8.5....and Miller's salary is only $1 mill off per year from what I was going by ....& the offer difference for 2015 is 8.5% over last year...& you are correct, he will be 34 next year after the O's season is mercifully over...if they don't make the post-season..lmao

btw, I see you don't let being a jackwagon get in the way of your posts....have a nice day.

So Jim Palmer thinks he can start. Dan Duquette is interested in the idea but you say he can't start. Hmmm. Who to believe?????

Jim Palmer wants Jim Johnson to start. I've never seen Dan Duquette say that he could. Only respond to the continued badgering about it. And if he trades him, he'd love to have the mystery out there.

Jim Palmer wants Jim Johnson to start. I've never seen Dan Duquette say that he could. Only respond to the continued badgering about it. And if he trades him, he'd love to have the mystery out there.

I heard Palmer saying that he thought Jim Johnson could start at age 30. I haven't heard any from Jim on Johnson now that he is 32.

Not and pitch more than 2 innings. He said he thought his arm was going to fall off.

Well he has a torn labrum. That's not the shoulder injury that Zach is dealing with is it? Or is his shoulder all better since he stopped throwing all his starter pitches?

o

I was lucky enough to see Britton back when he pitched for the Advanced-A Keys against Winston-Salem back in 2009.

He was firing then, 6 and 7 innings at a time.

However, now that he has proven to be a lights-out closer, I'd like to see the Orioles keep him where he is ...... a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, etc.

We need starting pitchers, but I don't like the idea of taking a piece out of an already highly functional portion of the ship to try to patch up another portion of the ship that needs repair, because you often wind up with 2 holes when you do that ...... the one that you already had, and the new one that you created by trying to fix the already-existing one.

Archived