Could Cliff Lee be our Lefty?

mdbdotcom

I think its a complete and utter fantasy to believe that he would pass the Orioles physical.

My guess is whatever team signs him is gonna have a more flexible definition of passing a physical than the Orioles have. Think a team like Seattle who resigned Iwaskuma despite him failing the physical for the Dodgers.

Johan Santana

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vinny on 105.7 predicted it would be very difficult for any team to take a flyer on a 12 million dollar contract for Lee.

Too much money for your normal red cross signing.

Per usual, when it comes to baseball the guys on 105.7 don't know what they are talking about. Cliff Lee is a free agent.

Per usual, when it comes to baseball the guys on 105.7 don't know what they are talking about. Cliff Lee is a free agent.

Yeah 105.7 is terrible. Glad I'm in Southern Maryland and are not subject to them.

I do like Bob Haney very much though.

Johan Santana

They signed Santana to a completely different type of deal than whats been thrown out there for Lee.

Look back a couple posts and you will see I clearly state if we were talking about a Santana type deal that would be one thing......

They signed Santana to a completely different type of deal than whats been thrown out there for Lee.

Look back a couple posts and you will see I clearly state if we were talking about a Santana type deal that would be one thing......

And if you look back you'll see I said for the Orioles to sign Lee they'd want to get a look at him in a workout and then he'd have to pass a physical. I'm not saying there's not obstacles, but if he checks out what's your beef?

And if you look back you'll see I said for the Orioles to sign Lee they'd want to get a look at him in a workout and then he'd have to pass a physical. I'm not saying there's not obstacles, but if he checks out what's your beef?

My own concern is that torn flextor, that he did not have surgery on.

It is fully heal, or will the wheels come off, during his 5th start of the regular season?

And understand, Lee isn't my first choice. However, when I see reports we're up against four other teams for Kazmir and Encina says we likely won't give a fourth year, does that sound like a situation where the Orioles come out on top? Not likely.

Lee represents the type of signings we're used to seeing over the years. Is Latos less risk? Probably. Lee if healthy has more upside and Baltimore will occasionally need to take on some short term upside risk because of who they are.

Vinny does not know baseball at all. His opinion of what someone is going to get on the market is not worth anything.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

With LHP SP is short demand, why hasn't a team jumped in and snatched him up.

Could it be, they are all worried in his health or maybe his asking price is too much?

How about this...offer him a 1M contract, then offer $500K for each start. If he makes 30 starts, he'll make 16M.

Great idea. Sign himto this contract, then pull an Earl Weaver and start a RHRP every fifth day and bring in Lee in the 2nd inning. Use him 30 times for $500K. :wedge:

Archived