Could Cliff Lee be our Lefty?

mdbdotcom

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.camdenchat.com/2015/12/17/10309360/cliff-lee-orioles-free-agent-rumor

Surprised to see no one had updated this thread considering Roch mentioned him in his blog last week. I missed that, but found the Camden Chat piece made a couple good points.

He sat out all of 2015 so he's he plenty of time to rehab the elbow and he knows how to pitch. It's Cliff Lee and this the kind of reclamation deal worth the risk. One. Year. Deal.

Alright, have at it.

That man could be my father. No. He's 37 whose far past his prime. NO. He's lost everything that was good about him. NOO. His ERA is climbing to where you wonder why he just doesn't retire. NNOOOO!! He made his debut 3 years before this movie came out :vader: Need I say more?

Well, I did say have at it. You got the age right at least. When he last pitched with Philly he had a 2.93 ERA. He also sported a career best 48.4% groundball rate (Chen was around 40% last year) which should work pretty well with our defense.

http://www.camdenchat.com/2015/12/17/10309360/cliff-lee-orioles-free-agent-rumor

Surprised to see no one had updated this thread considering Roch mentioned him in his blog last week. I missed that, but found the Camden Chat piece made a couple good points.

He sat out all of 2015 so he's he plenty of time to rehab the elbow and he knows how to pitch. It's Cliff Lee and this the kind of reclamation deal worth the risk. One. Year. Deal.

Alright, have at it.

Well, Baltimore did draft him back in 1998 with a pick in the 20th round, but was unable to convince him to skip out on the University of Arkansas. But hey, that shows the organization has liked him for a long time.

Huh, never knew that.

It may be a no situation, but you have to admire a guy with money in the bank wanting to come back. Unlike a position player, a pitcher cannot hide somewhere on the field. secondly, I kind of have a feeling the guy knows how to pitch and can do well at lower velocities. I look at Colon and shake my head, but he mixes it up so well. Lee might be similar.

That man could be my father. No. He's 37 whose far past his prime. NO. He's lost everything that was good about him. NOO. His ERA is climbing to where you wonder why he just doesn't retire. NNOOOO!! He made his debut 3 years before this movie came out :vader: Need I say more?

When I was in middle school I thought 37 was almost dead, too. But then I saw Nolan Ryan post as much value from 37-46 as Mike Cuellar (he was a guy who pitched for the O's 30-40 years before you were born) did in his career.

When I was in middle school I thought 37 was almost dead, too. But then I saw Nolan Ryan post as much value from 37-46 as Mike Cuellar (he was a guy who pitched for the O's 30-40 years before you were born) did in his career.

Nolan Ryan didn't come off an injury that took him a whole year to recover from while in Houston or in Texas like Cliff Lee

Archived