April 7 - O's vs. M's

RichieRich

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much faster is Payton than Scott really? My impression is that Scott's about average and Payton is moderately above average, but Payton's instincts aren't very good and he's utterly useless as a base stealer. Defensively I don't think there's much difference - Scott a bit more solid, Payton a bit more flashy. I'd really rather just keep Scott in so you have his bat later on. I feel like Payton is being used in virtually every game just to keep him happy or something.

I think Payton's a pretty good baserunner. And if Trembley is using him in part to keep him happy, I'm OK with that. Trembley has been keeping a lot of players involved, and that's good.

How much faster is Payton than Scott really? My impression is that Scott's about average and Payton is moderately above average, but Payton's instincts aren't very good and he's utterly useless as a base stealer. Defensively I don't think there's much difference - Scott a bit more solid, Payton a bit more flashy. I'd really rather just keep Scott in so you have his bat later on. I feel like Payton is being used in virtually every game just to keep him happy or something.

He's on the roster, Trembley might as well use him when any small advantage might present itself. Not to mention that with Scott Moore around he is not the only legitimate pinch-hit option, giving Trembley more flexibility.

Archived