Actions speak louder than words

Frobby

Dan has been dealing with Boras for a long time with Davis, Wieters, Chen and several others. He had to expect that Boras would not jump at the 7/150m offer while Heyward was still out there being courted by the Cubs, Angels, Cards and Nats. All big money teams with only one signing Heyward. Any of the others could turn to the AL homer leader Davis if they lost out of Heyward is what Boras probably was thinking.

So Davis makes Peter happy by getting him to make what was a very high bid for the O's. It makes Adam and other players happy because the O's tried to sign Davis. The offer is not jumped on by Boras as Dan expected. Important people in the O's organization were frustrated. Heyward signs and the same day the Davis offer comes off the table before Boras and Davis have time to even hear from the teams that didn't win the Heyward sweepstakes.

Dan made the O's organization happy for the bid on Davis and now its Davis/Boras that are be bad guys for not accepting it. Now Dan turns to spend the 20m left in the 2016 budget that is available to him to fill several vacancies in lineup spots. SP, Lefthanded home run hitter and an outfielder. And none of the players that will be signed will be for 7 years so the 150m will not be spent. Rather 1 to 4 year contracts will only spend a portion of that money.

Maybe that is a conspiracy theory but that is what I think happen.

Dan has been dealing with Boras for a long time with Davis, Wieters, Chen and several others. He had to expect that Boras would not jump at the 7/150m offer while Heyward was still out there being courted by the Cubs, Angels, Cards and Nats. All big money teams with only one signing Heyward. Any of the others could turn to the AL homer leader Davis if they lost out of Heyward is what Boras probably was thinking.

So Davis makes Peter happy by getting him to make what was a very high bid for the O's. It makes Adam and other players happy because the O's tried to sign Davis. The offer is not jumped on by Boras as Dan expected. Important people in the O's organization were frustrated. Heyward signs and the same day the Davis offer comes off the table before Boras and Davis have time to even hear from the teams that didn't win the Heyward sweepstakes.

Dan made the O's organization happy for the bid on Davis and now its Davis/Boras that are be bad guys for not accepting it. Now Dan turns to spend the 20m left in the 2016 budget that is available to him to fill several vacancies in lineup spots. SP, Lefthanded home run hitter and an outfielder. And none of the players that will be signed will be for 7 years so the 150m will not be spent. Rather 1 to 4 year contracts will only spend a portion of that money.

Maybe that is a conspiracy theory but that is what I think happen.

You could go full out grassy know conspiracy theory and say that the O's staged the Chris Davis debacle because they knew he wouldn't accept, knew they wouldn't be buyers at the winter meetings and wanted to sell some fanfest tix in advance. But, I think they really wanted to sign him.

You could go full out grassy know conspiracy theory and say that the O's staged the Chris Davis debacle because they knew he wouldn't accept, knew they wouldn't be buyers at the winter meetings and wanted to sell some fanfest tix in advance. But, I think they really wanted to sign him.

I saw Oswald's kid at Fanfest. He was talking to the Oriole braintrust He left Fanfest abruptly and saw him get on a Marc train.Also saw some type of contract from the warehouse second floor window.When I got up to the second floor the contract was blank.

I saw Oswald's kid at Fanfest. He was talking to the Oriole braintrust He left Fanfest abruptly and saw him get on a Marc train.Also saw some type of contract from the warehouse second floor window.When I got up to the second floor the contract was blank.

Patsy.

Define what you consider the quality of the LH pitcher and the two LH bats.

I'll go first. The LH bat could be someone like Will Venable and Pedro Alvarez. Possibly Jay Bruce if the Reds decide to dump him for next to nothing which I don't think happens. It will not be Alex Gordon. As for the pitcher, I do not believe the Orioles will get Scott Kazmir or Chen. Who do you think these players are?

I'd love to have Bruce. Maybe we match. I'd Take Markakis if they take back some money. The neck surgery is no long factored in a s a risk. Kazmir, Leake, Minor, Colby Lewis.

Tony has said this many times, and I believe it. So many people seem to be trying to read between the lines of everything Dan and Buck say. But I honestly couldn't care less. I think almost everything they say is intended to be vague, so that they don't create expectations one way or the other. I see lots of people are interpreting various statements at Fanfest as meaning the O's will now sit on their hands this winter and make only minor moves. Just a few days ago, people were running with various statements and concluding payroll was going up by $50 mm.

Personally, I think you can drive yourself crazy engaging in this form of Kremlinology. The actions of the front office, not its words, are all I care about. We will see soon enough what they've spent, and on who. No sense in getting worked up about it.

I agree with you.

What offseason.

1. Matt Wieters is offered and accepts QO - You like that one?

2. Matt Trumbo and his 9M salary picked up - Are you happy with this if Trumbo is the full time DH or plays 50+ games in the outfield? If you assume that the Orioles offer to Davis is real then they are prepared to play one or the other in the OF a significant amount of time. Buck has never gone with a full time DH.

3. Darren O'Day signed for 8/31M - Orioles go for 4 years when no one else offered more than 3

Everything else if pretty minor wi th AAA guys and the Rule 5.

You sure are bummed out today.

Archived