What is Manny's ceiling?

Frobby

Roch

www.masnsports.com

"We tried on Manny to sign him up long term a couple years ago after he had a great first year. Not after his 2012 campaign, but after '13, and we didn't quite get that done. We can take a look at those, signing those young players up to longer term deals, and of course, Manny will be one of them."
Time and Date. No idea why it broke down.

I think 25 - 30 home runs, around 25 steals, and an average of over .300. Maybe 90 - 100 RBIs too. All depends on where he hits in the lineup, and health obviously.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

How is 25 HRs his ceiling when he hit 35 HRs last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant going forward. I'm just accustomed to disappointment when it comes to projections.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

But isn't a ceiling the very top end of where they can reasonably be projected? I don't think it makes sense under any lens to take a previously achieved number and lower it when talking "ceiling" for a player under 30. Barring extreme circumstances, of course.

But isn't a ceiling the very top end of where they can reasonably be projected? I don't think it makes sense under any lens to take a previously achieved number and lower it when talking "ceiling" for a player under 30. Barring extreme circumstances, of course.

In the future I will just say "I think we have already seen his ceiling" to avoid any confusion.

Archived