Sounds more and more like Britton to the rotation...

wildcard

to me. And let me emphasize this is just me thinking.

1) I listen to Dan talk about the need to replace Chen's innings.

2) Dan is shocked by the free agent pitchers prices.

3) Britton's salary (predicted at 6.9m) would fit in the rotation.

3) Now Dan says he does not want to give up the #14 pick in the draft which makes Gallardo unlikely.

So who fits.

The O's are in on Kazmir. But so are several other teams. No draft pick required. If Dan can stomach the price without passing out he fits. But if the O's miss on Kazmir who is next in line.

Is it Britton moving to the rotation?

O'Day is signed and he can close. Givens and Brach can both be setup guys. The O's will have two minor leaguers in ST that have specialized in the being last inning guys-- Drake and Triggs. There appears to be enough late inning pitching to make a move to the rotation for Britton something to consider.

Its just me. I have not read one thing from the O's that says this may happen but why should that stop me from thinking about it? The budget will have an impact on who the O's add to the team and who is in the rotation. That seems always to be true. That makes Britton as a starter attractive to some degree.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan has specifically said he won't. Britton has specifically said it is too late for him and no one has ever mentioned it to him. Last week they both said this. Maybe they are both telling tales for some reason. Heck, maybe Zach gets traded. It's 12/16/15.

How and why the "Britton to the rotation" proposal clings to life is beyond me. I'd be thrilled to witness its forever-disappearance.

Everyone involved in those decisions has specifically denied it as a possibility. Not even a slight glimmer of hope for it. They have all categorically closed down all discussion of it for many reason.

How can Dan possibly be shocked by the cost of FA pitchers?

Did he take another decade off without me noticing?

Translation "Unless someone takes an under market deal, we are no longer fishing in the 1,2,3 starter pond." The bad guys are getting 6 million.

Everyone involved in those decisions has specifically denied it as a possibility. Not even a slight glimmer of hope for it. They have all categorically closed down all discussion of it for many reason.

Many, if not most (if not all), of which should be obvious to everyone who posts here regularly. And yet people keep floating the idea.

Many, if not most (if not all), of which should be obvious to everyone who posts here regularly. And yet people keep floating the idea.

Specifically. It might be cool. It might work. They ain't doing it. And Dan decided not to trade him. Yet.

If he hasn't started to stretch himself out yet i doubt he would be ready to go on opening day.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Zach said paraphrased. "No one ever mentioned it to me, and I would have to be doing things completely differently this off-season if they wanted me to try." His agent is Scott Boras. Do you think he would make a stink if Zach were asked to do something that he was afraid to do because of his arm (shoulder)?

Zach said paraphrased. "No one ever mentioned it to me, and I would have to be doing things completely differently this off-season if they wanted me to try." His agent is Scott Boras. Do you think he would make a stink if Zach were asked to do something that he was afraid to do because of his arm (shoulder)?

Yeah I don't see it happening.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

to me. And let me emphasize this is just me thinking.

1) I listen to Dan talk about the need to replace Chen's innings.

2) Dan is shocked by the free agent pitchers prices.

3) Britton's salary (predicted at 6.9m) would fit in the rotation.

3) Now Dan says he does not want to give up the #14 pick in the draft which makes Gallardo unlikely.

So who fits.

The O's are in on Kazmir. But so are several other teams. No draft pick required. If Dan can stomach the price without passing out he fits. But if the O's miss on Kazmir who is next in line.

O'Day is signed and he can close. Givens and Brach can both be setup guys. The O's will have two minor leaguers in ST that have specialized in the being last inning guys-- Drake and Triggs. There appears to be enough late inning pitching to make a move to the rotation for Britton something to consider.

Its just me. I have not read one thing from the O's that says this may happen but why should that stop me from thinking about it? The budget will have an impact on who the O's add to the team and who is in the rotation. That seems always to be true. That makes Britton as a starter attractive to some degree.

JMHO there is NO WAY IN HE!! Buck lets Britton out of the closer spot. End of Story...

Archived