Simple Question: Will Chris Davis be an Oriole in 2016?

mskrulz

Will Chris Davis be an Oriole in 2016?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will Chris Davis be an Oriole in 2016?

• Yes the will work it out.
    • Nope he's gone.

Yup.

And any team that outbids our $150 million offer will look like fools in a few years.

Sign Gordon and Alvaraz and try to find a cheap option for the rotation, and let's move on. Davis has burned a lot of bridges with me and other fans, beginning with his comments last offseason, and ending with turning down a ridiculous overpay offer from the Birds. Not sure I even want him back anymore, and certainly not at 7/150.

I think at large the fan bridges are not burnt. If he is there opening day all is forgiven and he's Baltimore's favorite son again.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup.

And any team that outbids our $150 million offer will look like fools in a few years.

Sign Gordon and Alvaraz and try to find a cheap option for the rotation, and let's move on. Davis has burned a lot of bridges with me and other fans, beginning with his comments last offseason, and ending with turning down a ridiculous overpay offer from the Birds. Not sure I even want him back anymore, and certainly not at 7/150.

I'm sorry. It was .196 And this year he was first in HRs but also Ks. 208.

I'm sorry. It was .196

Yeah, but it wasn't all downside, either. He was still worth 1.8 rWAR, 0.8 fWAR in a bad year.

You look at Davis realistically, he'll probably have a few good years and a few bad ones. His good ones are very valuable. Fangraphs says his four years with us have been worth $116 mm. That includes two excellent years, one pretty decent one, and one pretty bad one. If I thought his next four years would be worth about the same as the last four overall, then 7/$150 mm might be a decent contract even assuming the age 34-36 years weren't so hot. But there is a lot of risk there, to be sure.

I think at large the fan bridges are not burnt. If he is there opening day all is forgiven and he's Baltimore's favorite son again.

Without question. There's no crime in not jumping at an offer until you've tested the market, no matter how high that offer is. If he signs with us, fans aren't going to care that it happened in January rather than December.

Without question. There's no crime in not jumping at an offer until you've tested the market, no matter how high that offer is. If he signs with us, fans aren't going to care that it happened in January rather than December.

Mostly, we forgave him testing positive twice. We will forgive him because he's a nice and funny guy and he hits bombs.

Archived