Mark Buehrle?? Why Not? (Bought an RV and no longer throws. Turned down 15 million.)

Bumps49

BUMP

MLBTradeRumors from 2 weeks ago

Mark Buehrle is still out there, apparently in no rush to sign, but has not retired either. Wondering if he stays in shape then pulls a Roger Clemens style mid season return to a contender.

Makes sense to leave your options open if your Buehrle. If nothing works out so be it. If the right scenario appears, then jump on it. Little to lose here if your Buehrle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes sense to leave your options open if your Buehrle. If nothing works out so be it. If the right scenario appears, then jump on it. Little to lose here if your Buehrle

Maybe he pulls a Clemens or Pettite, stays in throwing shape, and if a playoff team has an injury in August, then becomes available.

Maybe he pulls a Clemens or Pettite, stays in throwing shape, and if a playoff team has an injury in August, then becomes available.

I suspect a contender will pick him up near the All-Star break, let him make 2-3 starts in AAA to test his effectiveness, then both sides decide if they want to put him on the roster.

I suspect a contender will pick him up near the All-Star break, let him make 2-3 starts in AAA to test his effectiveness, then both sides decide if they want to put him on the roster.

That is precisely what the Orioles did with Jamie Moyer in 2012.

Good mind, srock. :cool:

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/mark-buehrle-not-throwing-during-offseason/

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mark Buehrle, who turned down chances, isn't quite ready to announce retirement. But he isn't throwing, recently bought an RV</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">February 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buehrle had 1-yr chances in 15M range. No announcement but he's told folks he entered MLB quietly, and could leave the same</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">February 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For more than 15 million? No. Not at all.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/mark-buehrle-not-throwing-during-offseason/
Mark Buehrle, who turned down chances, isn't quite ready to announce retirement. But he isn't throwing, recently bought an RV
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman)
February 16, 2016

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehrle had 1-yr chances in 15M range. No announcement but he's told folks he entered MLB quietly, and could leave the same
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman)
February 16, 2016

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For more than 15 million? No. Not at all.

maybe he has enough money, but prorate 15 million by a few games in Aug and Sept and then a WS ring, oh yeah. I can see his willing to have a phone line open and willing to this. just pure WAG on my part. :)

From what I read in google, his net worth might be in the 50 million range.

So like Buck told Chris Davis, how much is enough? Do you have enough to buy what you need? :)

$15 million to play baseball is still $15 million to play baseball. Hard to turn that down.

He made $136' date='795,000 in his playing career so I'm assuming he is pretty well set.

[url']http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/toronto-blue-jays/mark-buehrle/cash-earnings/[/url]

Something like 60% (IIRC) of NFLers are bankrupt within a couple years of leaving football. Buehrle made a lot more than an average athlete but you never know.

Archived