Davis' Mystery Team is ....Nationals? Tigers?

weams

The Nats have been stupid with their money in the past. Why not continue the trend? Especially when it directly affects the geographical rival who you had a recent lawsuit with. Ultimately they want O's fans and Davis would undoubtedly bring over some O's fans. I have doubts that Zimmermans sentimental presence means much ever since he became an oft injured DH type of player.

Take him Nats! The jokes on you

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, they could trade him, but it would be like the Red Sox trading Nose-mar Garciaparra back in the day. Zimmerman is a sentimental fan favorite. Davis has control, believe it.

The Nats have not been around long enough for their fans to have sentimental favorites. Most do not know the names of their players other than Harper and maybe Strasburg.

The Nats have not been around long enough for their fans to have sentimental favorites. Most do not know the names of their players other than Harper and maybe Strasburg.

That's quite an assumption, if you're actually serious. Zimmerman has 400+ more games played in Washington than Frank Robinson did in Baltimore. But nobody in the city has any idea who he is?

That's quite an assumption, if you're actually serious. Zimmerman has 400+ more games played in Washington than Frank Robinson did in Baltimore. But nobody in the city has any idea who he is?

He is saying the average Nationals fan is not really a baseball fan. Or is too young to have enjoyed the years when Zimmerman was great. Average. Not all. Zimmerman is still revered here in Harrisburg.

Ryan Zimmerman was the first draft pick by the Nationals as a franchise. I'm sure the city knows who he is. Baltimore after all knows who Jonathan Odgen is - the original draft pick by the Ravens after moving to Baltimore.

That is assuming that you are polling football fans.

He is saying the average Nationals fan is not really a baseball fan. Or is too young to have enjoyed the years when Zimmerman was great.

And I think that's quite an outlandish statement. Unless by "average" you mean someone like my wife, who is an Orioles fan but doesn't understand why they couldn't just sign Markakis for whatever he wanted, and doesn't really know who Jonathan Schoop or Caleb Joseph or Brad Brach are, and couldn't begin to explain the infield fly rule. In which case that applies to every city.

It's not like the Nationals brought baseball to a new continent cut off from civilization. Washington has had a MLB team for more years than Baltimore. Heck, a quarter of the folks at Nats Park used to drive to OPACY.

I guess Ravens fans were totally ignorant of both football and the Ravens' roster in 2007?

And I think that's quite an outlandish statement. Unless by "average" you mean someone like my wife, who is an Orioles fan but doesn't understand why they couldn't just sign Markakis for whatever he wanted, and doesn't really know who Jonathan Schoop or Caleb Joseph or Brad Brach are, and couldn't begin to explain the infield fly rule. In which case that applies to every city.

It's not like the Nationals brought baseball to a new continent cut off from civilization. Washington has had a MLB team for more years than Baltimore. Heck, a quarter of the folks at Nats Park used to drive to OPACY.

I guess Ravens fans were totally ignorant of both football and the Ravens' roster in 2007?

I would never suggest either myself. The Senators fans up here are very knowledgeable. They love Harper ans Strasburg. They came out in droves to see Miranda strike out Zimmerman and Span on their rehabs.

He is saying the average Nationals fan is not really a baseball fan.

Just making a bad joke. I grew up in DC as an O's fan, so I get annoyed when I think about how few O's fans are left in the city now that the Nats are there.

Where will they play Upton?

Werth was 36 last year and sub-replacement, missed half the schedule. Probably can't count on that improving at 37... so that's a half man-year of open outfield space right there. Plus Span just left. A Harper/Upton/Werth/etc outfield isn't great, but it has to be better defensively than a Harper/Davis/Werth/etc setup.

Archived