Cut4: Adam Jones and Dariel Alvarez

weams

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/11/28/157674906/10-fastest-outfield-throws-to-home-plate

Alvarez.

On Aug. 28, Alvarez made his Major League debut. One inning later, he showed off a cannon for an arm to catch Adrian Beltre roughly 18 feet away from home plate.

Not a bad debut.

Jones.

Of course, the inverse to that is the attempted sacrifice fly. Filled with a slow, tense build up, it plays out a little more like a horror film as you're screaming to the character, "No! Don't go into the basement!" In this scenario, Jones is in the basement. And Statcast? is the found footage camera reporting it all back to us in exhilarating detail.

Alvarez has a great arm and is accurate. Adam Jones has a great arm and is very erratic with it. My opinion. Here's hoping that Alvarez can hit enough to be a regular in RF someday. Would love to see that arm on a regular basis. Maybe the best arm, considering strength and accuracy, we've ever seen on the O's.

How much have you seen Alvarez that you can comment on his accuracy? 14 assists in over 1200 MiLB innings isn't eye popping.

Probably not enough to satisfy you but the only throws I've seen from him are highly accurate. Had the milb.tv package last two years. Can't say I've seen a ton of him but enough for me to have this opinion. Some outfielders reputations are so good that runners don't run on them. And then again, you get weak throwing outfielders with high assists because they get run on all of the time.

As long as you couch it as opinion and not fact then I don't have any issues with it at all.

Probably not enough to satisfy you but the only throws I've seen from him are highly accurate. Had the milb.tv package last two years. Can't say I've seen a ton of him but enough for me to have this opinion. Some outfielders reputations are so good that runners don't run on them. And then again, you get weak throwing outfielders with high assists because they get run on all of the time.

According to baseball reference. Alvarez has 15 assists and 6 DP's in 148 games started in RF in the minors. 15 assists is strong and 6 DP's is very strong.

You might very well be correct.

I was just curious what you were basing your opinion on.

Archived