Prediction: Davis, How Does it End? When, Where, How much?

Bahama O's Fan

No clue where Davis ends up other than I will happily predict it's somewhere other than the Orioles. Why? Because I think resigning Chris Davis is precisely the direction the Orioles shouldn't be going in right now. Also I don't want him back for anything more than $18 million AAV and for no more than 5 years. Admittedly unrealistic.

I'm beginning to subscribe to the theory that a desire for a very near-term opt-out is the hangup. However, if he wants a cushy safety net and the option to sample a more advantageous market then greedy, greedy, greedy.... Shame. And screw him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hey -- I'll predict Davis to Houston on Valentine's Day (Feb. 14). We need to move beyond Davis, Boras, and the games they are playing. Let's move on to build next year's team. Maybe we could have a bonfire of all of the Davis Tshirts, teddy bears, bobble heads, etc.

Davis signs with the Orioles this week, 7/154. Don't buy into the Cespedes thing as serious. You hear about signings like yesterday when you heard the Marlins and Chen were in "serious negotations" and boom, he signs. When something happens with the Orioles you don't hear about it until its essentially done. When you hear about offers, nothing happens.

If Cespedes is available for two years and fifty million less give me one reason why they would want to pay Chris 7/154 when there are no other competing offers?

Since when has deliberate overpayment been a Peter Angelos characteristic? I know that seems to be the popular opinion on this board, but it doesn't add up from a front office or an ownership standpoint.

My prediction is that if Chris does sign here it will be for more favorable terms than the original offer. But Cespedes just makes more sense. My prediction is that we sign him (Cespedes) on Saturday to a 5/95 deal.

If Cespedes is available for two years and fifty million less give me one reason why they would want to pay Chris 7/154 when there are no other competing offers?

Since when has deliberate overpayment been a Peter Angelos characteristic? I know that seems to be the popular opinion on this board, but it doesn't add up from a front office or an ownership standpoint.

My prediction is that if Chris does sign here it will be for more favorable terms than the original offer. But Cespedes just makes more sense. My prediction is that we sign him on Saturday to a 5/95 deal.

Because he's the most prolific HR hitter in the league...he hit 50 more than Heyward last year alone

Scott Boras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he's the most prolific HR hitter in the league ...he hit 50 more than Heyward last year alone.

Scott Boras

Heyward hit zero homeruns last year?

No.

Davis hit 47 home runs last year.

So that would mean (according to Boras) that Heyward hit -3 home runs last year.

You gotta love this. Even to the most tortured soul, the drama about what the O's will or won't do regarding CD is as nail biting as a half game lead in the division with a month to go.

Chris (or Boras) is gonna call our bluff. He's betting we're desperate enough to up the ante to get him. He probably knows what we offered Cespedes (agents talk) and isprobably sweating it out.

Our two pair will beat his 7-6-4-3-J

I love it.

663e5918f5a9429857a293f20d97087e.jpg

You gotta love this. Even to the most tortured soul, the drama about what the O's will or won't do regarding CD is as nail biting as a half game lead in the division with a month to go.

Chris (or Boras) is gonna call our bluff. He's betting we're desperate enough to up the ante to get him. He probably knows what we offered Cespedes (agents talk) and isprobably sweating it out.

Our two pair will beat his 7-6-4-3-J

I love it.

Chris / Boras already called our bluff. They may have 5 random number cards but they are all the same suit. A Flush beats 2 pair. Game over.

Archived