Chris Lee Left Handed Starter

weams

This is very encouraging -- especially the comments about the help the Orioles staffers have been able to give to these young pitchers. We can only hope that the Orioles are able to restrain their impulses of past years to tinker with success -- by which I mean excising successful pitches (see Bundy) and worrying about time to the plate (see many).

Including the controversial R. Peterson. One can only hope this new, less highly celebrated group can begin to make up for the series of unfortunate outcomes we've had with, what is it now, five or six young pitchers in a row, whether on the farm teams, O's, or in trades that took weird turns?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That does seem like a Buck/Dan kind of move. I certainly wouldn't want to take him away from a full MiL season starting. At that point, it's really just a matter of how many innings he's pitched, how well he's done, and what the O's needs are. (But) I'd want him to get a full year of starting in. He's not Manny Machado in that bringing him up probably won't turn the team around.

Does he project as a SP long term or just a RP?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the scouting report, but why did his results stink so bad statistically, even after the velo bump? Really poor K and BB rates, propped up by an absurd HR rate (1 HR in 114.1 IP). I understand that he's a sinkerballer, but it seems like he's still got a long way to go in the command department before we should be getting excited about him.

Including the controversial R. Peterson. One can only hope this new, less highly celebrated group can begin to make up for the series of unfortunate outcomes we've had with, what is it now, five or six young pitchers in a row, whether on the farm teams, O's, or in trades that took weird turns?

Rick's always been about a repeatable, 'professional' delivery. I don't think he was the antagonist in the excising of pitches and certainly not in the tttp fiasco.

So why isn't Chris Lee a Top 100 prospect :scratchchinhmm:

:laughlol:

MLB has thirty teams. On those thirty teams there is a list of the top 20 prospects per team. with thirty times twenty you will end up with 600 prospects. Chris lee will fall somewhere within that mix.

He sinks the ball and gets a lot of groundballs which helps explain his low K totals. On top of it, he had a jump in stuff over the second half of last season and that has people paying attention. He'll certainly need to prove that wasn't just a hot streak by pitching well this year, but he's certainly intriguing.

Sounds like a hybrid Danial Cabrera/Brad Bergeson/TJ McFarland type player.

• 1 month later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Lee popped 97 mph for times in that fourth inning, when he retired the side. Not going to secondaries, doesn't have to. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Jon Meoli (@JonMeoli) <a href="

">April 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Lee popped 97 mph for times in that fourth inning, when he retired the side. Not going to secondaries, doesn't have to. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Jon Meoli (@JonMeoli) <a href="
">April 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When I saw this bumped, I figured he was throwing well or hurt. Glad it was the former. Thanks for the update.

o

Lee actually came out of the bullpen in this game, after Brian Matusz had ceded 6 runs in the 1st inning.

Also, Lee pitched 6-innings of 1-run ball before ceding a 2-run home run with 1 out in his 7th inning of work.

At one point, he recorded 13 consecutive outs, not including an error that was committed by his teammate.

He was extremely pitch-efficient (71 pitches over 6.33 innings pitched.)

19 OUTS: 10 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Flyouts, 3 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout

CHRISTOPHER ULYSSES LEE O (vs. AA-Erie, 4/11)

IP:l 6.33

H:;; 3 ll(1 Home Run, 2 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB: 2 *

SO: 1

Pitches: 71 (45 Strikes, 26 Balls)

2016 ERA: 4.26 (AA-Bowie)

* Lee also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

61 (51 Strikes, 1 Balls)

19 (10 Strikes, 9 Balls)

91 (61 Strikes, 3 Balls)

11 (61 Strikes, 5 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 3 Balls)

61 (51 Strikes, 1 Balls)

91 (51 Strikes, 4 Balls) **

** Lee recorded 1 out before departing in his 7th inning of work.

Archived