Chris Lee Left Handed Starter

weams

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are people so high on him all of a sudden? So what if he throws 97mph? He doesn't seem to get many strikeouts, and his WHIP is extremely high.

He sinks the ball and gets a lot of groundballs which helps explain his low K totals. On top of it, he had a jump in stuff over the second half of last season and that has people paying attention. He'll certainly need to prove that wasn't just a hot streak by pitching well this year, but he's certainly intriguing.

Why are people so high on him all of a sudden? So what if he throws 97mph? He doesn't seem to get many strikeouts, and his WHIP is extremely high.

It's other clubs as well. There have been several clamoring to include him in any transaction the Orioles make. Much like Gausman, Schoop, and GIvens.

He sinks the ball and gets a lot of groundballs which helps explain his low K totals. On top of it, he had a jump in stuff over the second half of last season and that has people paying attention. He'll certainly need to prove that wasn't just a hot streak by pitching well this year, but he's certainly intriguing.

So selling now might be selling high:) Also, he's left-handed with that big gun number.

I watched Jim Johnson start at Bowie a few times and wasn't all that impressed. I thought he had an average fastball and a curve that was inconsistent...sometimeseffective-sometimes get me over. They modified his stride, the velocity and movement increased, and coupled with the role change, he helped us win a lot of games. Mills helped Lee modify things, the results improved, the stuff appeared better, and the fact he's lefty only helps.

Is the plan to have him start 2016 in Bowie? Norfolk seems crowded, especially if Gallardo is signed.

I'd think Bowie since he's only pitched 38 IP at the AA level. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him make his mlb debut out of the pen later in the year since he's on the 40 man and has options. Especially since we've lost some of our LH reliever depth to DFA's and being claimed.

I'd think Bowie since he's only pitched 38 IP at the AA level. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him make his mlb debut out of the pen later in the year since he's on the 40 man and has options. Especially since we've lost some of our LH reliever depth to DFA's and being claimed.

That does seem like a Buck/Dan kind of move. I certainly wouldn't want to take him away from a full MiL season starting. At that point, it's really just a matter of how many innings he's pitched, how well he's done, and what the O's needs are. (But) I'd want him to get a full year of starting in. He's not Manny Machado in that bringing him up probably won't turn the team around.

This is very encouraging -- especially the comments about the help the Orioles staffers have been able to give to these young pitchers. We can only hope that the Orioles are able to restrain their impulses of past years to tinker with success -- by which I mean excising successful pitches (see Bundy) and worrying about time to the plate (see many).

Archived