Chris Lee Left Handed Starter

weams

I only see that happening if Matusz is DFA'd. Even then, I would think Lee would need to bring more than just a fastball to Baltimore to be successful.

Tony And Stan both think he will. However it occurs.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only see that happening if Matusz is DFA'd. Even then, I would think Lee would need to bring more than just a fastball to Baltimore to be successful.

Scouting report from a non Oriole fan

Athletic pitcher with chance for three average or better pitches out of the rotation.

I'm wondering the same thing.

Please do not listen to any of the fake reports that he only has a 97 MPH fastball.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tgI3c1d-GKk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another effective but low-strikeout outing for Lee tonight: 6 IP, 2 R, 1 K. I can't quite figure out how a guy who dials it up to 97 can get so few strikeouts, and still be very tough to score on. That's an odd combination.

Another effective but low-strikeout outing for Lee tonight: 6 IP, 2 R, 1 K. I can't quite figure out how a guy who dials it up to 97 can get so few strikeouts, and still be very tough to score on. That's an odd combination.

I know, right? Weams just saw him last week. Maybe he has some insights.

Pitch efficient? Probably going to have to find out in AAA or MLB. Looks like he's Zach Britton to these guys in AA. Which is a great thing.

Pitch efficient? Probably going to have to find out in AAA or MLB. Looks like he's Zach Britton to these guys in AA. Which is a great thing.

Not if you compare Zach Britton at the same age. He needs to miss more bats. I agree with Frobby, this is odd.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

o

In his last 2 outings combined, 29 out of 36 of the outs that Lee recorded have come via the ground ball.

That's 81%. l :eektf:

18 OUTS: 14 Groundouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Flyout, 1 Lineout, 1 Out Going From 1st to 3rd on a Single

CHRISTOPHER ULYSSES LEE O (vs. AA-Erie, 5/12)

IP:l 6

H:;; 7 ll(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 5 Singles)

R:l) 2

BB: 1

SO: 1

Pitches: 92 (55 Strikes, 37 Balls)

2016 ERA: 2.41 (AA-Bowie)

PITCHES BY INNING

16 (10 Strikes, 61 Balls)

91 (61 Strikes, 31 Balls)

10 (71 Strikes, 31 Balls)

27 (15 Strikes, 12 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 61 Balls)

16 (91 Strikes, 71 Balls)

60% strikes seems pretty good to me.

Not super good, but also not my point. 90 pitches in 6 innings is not efficient - that's all I was saying. Yes, it's probably average - but not efficient, which is what we were discussing.

Not super good, but also not my point. 90 pitches in 6 innings is not efficient - that's all I was saying. Yes, it's probably average - but not efficient, which is what we were discussing.

Again, seems pretty good to me. Would I prefer Greg Maddux? Sure... but this ain't bad at all.

Again, seems pretty good to me. Would I prefer Greg Maddux? Sure ... but this ain't bad at all.

Yeah, 92 pitches in 6 innings is 15.4 pitches per inning.

That's actually slightly better than average.

These are the 2015 MLB pitches-per-inning leaders.

Bartolo Colon led the Majors for starters in pitch-efficiency with 13.9 pitches-per-inning.

5 pitchers were tied for 28th in the Majors, at 15.4.

Robbie Ray and Joe Kelly were tied for last (140th and 141st), with 17.7 pitches-per-inning.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/mlb/stats/pitching-pitches-per-inning-leaders/2015/

Archived