Will Anyone Be Upset With Cespedes?

Bahama O's Fan

The AL Record for runs scored in a season is the 1931 Yankees with 1,067.

The 2016 Orioles won't approach that. However, with both Cespedes and Davis...I think we could score 800-850 runs, which would be a huge jump over last years 713.

I happen to like Chris Davis independent of Cespedes as well. I like Cespedes, but it has nothing to do with the fact I enjoy Davis.
I enjoy Davis as well. But this nonsense with holding out is wearing my patience as a fan. I'm afraid that we're going to have to move on and put together a team that doesn't have Davis. I realize that a lot of this is Boras playing chicken with Angelos. But if CD truly want to stay with his teammates on the Os, then he would have told Boras that it's time to sign for the very generous offer that Angelos/DD has given. But I haven't seen any signs that CD wants to sign with the Os, he just wants the biggest contract that Boras can get for him. It's time to move on. Sign Cespedes and a pitcher and some more quality corner OFs as well. .

If PA is thinking a world series before he sells the team it makes sense to have one of the top teams on the field before selling. I would rather have Upton than Davis. If he wants to spend big this year sign Cespedes who is basically replacing Cruz for LF and add Upton for RF. We would have an All-Star outfield with Cespedes. Jones and Upton. Upton has played a lot of games in RF between 2009 and 2012. Some of his best years were playing in RF. We put Trumbo on 1B. Fister has been discussed a lot I've been told by the FO and it's like anything else a money problem at the moment. I've always liked his pitching style and grittiness on the mound. Forget Davis. I don't think he wants to be here and it's time to move in another direction. I mentioned a few weeks ago I was in the crowd by the Oriole dugout after our last home game when he homered against the Yankees. There had to be a thousand or more people standing behind the dugout cheering for him as he did his postgame MASN interview down on the field. He had a very serious look on his face as he often does and when finished waved to the crowd and went down into the dugout and that was probably his final goodbye. He didn't stand and smile to the crowd and say I hope to be back next year. He just went quietly into the dugout. I could be wrong but his body language was not good in my opinion and did not send a positive message to the crowd. I'm sure some of you were there and saw the same thing. I know for a fact the Yankees and Red Sox both want him. Boston is losing Ortiz who is retiring after this season and who knows how he will produce in 2016. Davis can play 1B, RF, and DH for them. Teixeira's contract is up and he can't stay on the field it seems as he continues to battle injuries on a regular basis. Beltran's contract is up I believe at the end of 2016 and Davis can alternate at 1B, DH and RF for them. Girardi is a fan of CD and is waiting for Cashman to sign him once the Orioles go in another direction. Will he say at a NY press conference the same thing Teixeira did? He always wanted to wear the Yankee uniform? I think Davis wants the Orioles to say they are going in another direction and then Boras can start the auction between the Red Sox and Yankees. If it happens fine. We know how to pitch to Davis as the top pitchers have proven. Down and away and down and inside. Stay away from his powers and watch the strikeouts pile up. We've enjoyed his stay here and watched his ups and downs. It's time to move on.

If PA is thinking a world series before he sells the team it makes sense to have one of the top teams on the field before selling. I would rather have Upton than Davis. If he wants to spend big this year sign Cespedes who is basically replacing Cruz for LF and add Upton for RF. We would have an All-Star outfield with Cespedes. Jones and Upton. Upton has played a lot of games in RF between 2009 and 2012. Some of his best years were playing in RF. We put Trumbo on 1B. Fister has been discussed a lot I've been told by the FO and it's like anything else a money problem at the moment. I've always liked his pitching style and grittiness on the mound. Forget Davis. I don't think he wants to be here and it's time to move in another direction. I mentioned a few weeks ago I was in the crowd by the Oriole dugout after our last home game when he homered against the Yankees. There had to be a thousand or more people standing behind the dugout cheering for him as he did his postgame MASN interview down on the field. He had a very serious look on his face as he often does and when finished waved to the crowd and went down into the dugout and that was probably his final goodbye. He didn't stand and smile to the crowd and say I hope to be back next year. He just went quietly into the dugout. I could be wrong but his body language was not good in my opinion and did not send a positive message to the crowd. I'm sure some of you were there and saw the same thing. I know for a fact the Yankees and Red Sox both want him. Boston is losing Ortiz who is retiring after this season and who knows how he will produce in 2016. Davis can play 1B, RF, and DH for them. Teixeira's contract is up and he can't stay on the field it seems as he continues to battle injuries on a regular basis. Beltran's contract is up I believe at the end of 2016 and Davis can alternate at 1B, DH and RF for them. Girardi is a fan of CD and is waiting for Cashman to sign him once the Orioles go in another direction. Will he say at a NY press conference the same thing Teixeira did? He always wanted to wear the Yankee uniform? I think Davis wants the Orioles to say they are going in another direction and then Boras can start the auction between the Red Sox and Yankees. If it happens fine. We know how to pitch to Davis as the top pitchers have proven. Down and away and down and inside. Stay away from his powers and watch the strikeouts pile up. We've enjoyed his stay here and watched his ups and downs. It's time to move on.

What makes you think the Angelos family is ever selling. It is my belief that they are not. Not in our lifetime.

By the way, here is the photo.

chris-davis-10415.jpg

47 is almost 50 again. And he has five caught over the fence.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5Ja6nC4IVVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266/v264378383/davis-cant-catch-a-break-keeps-getting-robbed-of-hr

I wouldn't be upset, but I'm still holding out hope we re-sign CD. I know I may be in the minority here, but he's a productive player who everyone on the team seems to like and get along with. Not saying Cespedes would disrupt the chemistry by any means, just think retaining CD would help on and off the field.

At the beginning of the offseason, I might've had a slight preference for Davis, because we know he has fit in well with the team and can be successful here. But we offered him too much money for too many years, and I simply don't want to be stuck with the back end of that contract. Plus, Trumbo fits better with Cespedes than with Davis. And we get a pick for Davis.

There's still a risk that we get shut out of the three remaining top bats, or that Cespedes' price goes up. At 5/$90 he's a much better value than Davis at 7/$150.

Archived